Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Nathan F

#91 Post by Nathan F »

Thanks for adding the ogg support so fast. I was looking hard at several cd rippers for inclusion in Grafpup, and this is a clear winner right now for its speed and small size. You fixed what was my chief concern, although it would be nice to get the bitrate working also.

I noticed you've done a lot of work in this area lately. I'm going to attach a file for you to look at. This is a nautilus script for audio conversion, but it works from within ROX as well, if you symlink it into the OpenWith directory. Even nicer with the new ROX is that you can do that just for a certain filetype, say any audio file. The only issue with using it is that it uses zenity for the gui right now, but I looked at it and I don't imagine it would be too hard to convert it to using Xdialog and gxmessage. I've tried it on a lot of different formats and it works like a champ, maybe you'll be interested enough to port it. If not it's on my todo list.

Nathan
Attachments
audio-convert.gz
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Bring on the locusts ...

Dougal

#92 Post by Dougal »

Plinej: why do you disable oss when compiling ffmpeg? And is there a reason why both you and Barry do not enable threads? I run some app that uses ffmpeg and it gave a message about thread support not being enabled and that it has to emulate threads…

Are you sure libogg isn't in Puppy already?? I don't recall needing to add it (or is it part of vorbis-tools?).
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

plinej

#93 Post by plinej »

dougal, libogg is already in Puppy, wasn't sure if it was or not. I'll recompile with oss and threads and see what size it makes the libs.

Nathan, I'll take a look at that audio convert script. What I'll probably do with the ogg encoding is if the gui finds oggenc I'll use that with bit rates enabled otherwise I'll use my newly compiled ffmpeg with quality settings.

plinej

#94 Post by plinej »

BTW, I've created Soxgui & PupLosslessAudioTool which will convert between audio formats. Soxgui uses sox and ffmpeg to convert between all supported formats. PupLosslessAudioTool converts between flac, shn, ape, wav, & mp3. Both of the latest versions are posted in this forum.

plinej

#95 Post by plinej »

dougal, I re-compiled like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/man --disable-debug --enable-mp3lame --enable-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-pp --enable-libogg --disable-decoder=alac --disable-decoder=tta --disable-decoder=wv --disable-encoder=flac --disable-decoder=flac --disable-audio-beos --enable-small --enable-pthreads

It made the whole package maybe about 15 k bigger than the current puppy version so shouldn't be a problem in getting Barry to use it.

plinej

#96 Post by plinej »

I should have PBcdripper-1.6 ready Thursday or Friday which will be a total re-write. If you have flac installed there will be an encode to flac button. If you have ffmpeg compiled with libogg enabled you will have and encode to ogg button. If you have oggenc installed you will also have an ogg encode button. Lame is already in Puppy so of course there will be an encode to mp3 button. There will also be an encode to wma button but you will need my newly compiled ffmpeg (or another current version).

Dougal

#97 Post by Dougal »

Great, plinej, now we just need to get you-know-who to add that new ffmpeg to Puppy (you'll have to send him the dev files, too, to add to devx).
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

plinej

#98 Post by plinej »

I have it all re-written with mp3/ogg/wma/flac support. Just testing everything out now. I'll post my newly compiled ffmpeg and PBcdripper-1.6 sometime today if everything works as I think it should.

plinej

#99 Post by plinej »

1.6 is up at the beginning of this thread.

plinej

#100 Post by plinej »

1.7 is now up.

plinej

#101 Post by plinej »

1.7b is up. I had the command for ffmpeg encoding to ogg set up wrong. Did all my testing with oggenc and forgot about ffmpeg (used when oggenc isn't found).

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#102 Post by Flash »

Plinej, I'm booting Puppy 2.13 from a CD, with a save file on a hard drive. What's the best way for me to try out the new version, just download and install the dotpup?
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

plinej

#103 Post by plinej »

yes, installing the new dotpup will delete the old version when it installs.

plinej

#104 Post by plinej »

I just posted 1.8 which adds a couple more features including a set defaults button.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#105 Post by Flash »

Plinej, the 1.8 dotpup seemed to install normally, but when I restarted JWM and then clicked on the entry in the dotpup menu, nothing happened. Then I went to /usr/local/PBcdripper and clicked on various things; they flickered but nothing else happened.

It's a good thing you left the 1.5 dotpup. I simply reinstalled it and everything is back the way it was. The new dotpup entry is still in the Menu, but that's ok.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

plinej

#106 Post by plinej »

Hmm, that's weird. Everything works okay for me. Try to re-install 1.8 and run PBcdripper from rxvt to see if any errors show up.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#107 Post by Flash »

I reinstalled the 1.8 dotpup. Clicking on anything still had no effect, so I entered "pbcdripper" in a console window and got back "command not found." This time, rather than simply overwriting the 1.8 with the old 1.5 dotpup, I got fancy and used the pet wizard to uninstall PBcdripper before reinstalling 1.5 from the dotpup. Now, after reinstalling the 1.5 dotpup, PBcdripper does not show up anywhere in the Menu, and entering "pbcdripper" in a console still returns "command not found." However, clicking "PBcdripper" in the /usr/local/PBcdripper directory starts the program.

To review: the first time I tried the 1.8 dotpup it didn't work, but installing the 1.5 dotpup over it returned PBcdripper to its prior state. The second time I tried the 1.8 dotpup it didn't work, but I uninstalled it with the .pet wizard before I reinstalled the 1.5 dotpup, and now PBcdripper still won't work, except by clicking the executable shell script found in /usr/local/PBcdripper.

I'll leave it like it is for a while, in case you need me to poke around in my computer and tell you what's there, or not there that should be.-

plinej

#108 Post by plinej »

You have to type "PBcdripper" in the terminal not "pbcdripper". I'm really curious why it won't start for you since it works fine for me. Anyone else try this yet?

plinej

#109 Post by plinej »

Try to re-download. I think the problem was my post install script. Even though it worked fine for me installing the first time it seemed to cause problems on subsequent attempts.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#110 Post by Flash »

Okay, I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.8 and installed it, then rebooted. Still nothing happens when I click on anything. This time I typed PBcdripper in a console, and got this:

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# PBcdripper
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox1: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox2: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox3: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox4: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox5: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox6: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/pbcdripper/cbox7: No such file or directory
sh-3.00#

Here's what's in my /tmp directory:

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# ls /tmp
bootcnt.txt          missingmods2122.txt  serialstuff
bootkernel.log       modprobes.log        testeide.txt
bootsysinit.log      oldmousedevice       xerrs.log
sh-3.00#
Also, when I uninstalled 1.8 using the .pet wizard, the entry for PBcdripper was removed from both the dotpup part of the Menu and the Multimedia part. When I reinstalled 1.5, neither entry was restored, and the same for installing 1.8 just now. There is now no PBcdripper anywhere in the Menu.