Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 10:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 7 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Nathan F

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2007, 21:20    Post_subject:  

Thanks for adding the ogg support so fast. I was looking hard at several cd rippers for inclusion in Grafpup, and this is a clear winner right now for its speed and small size. You fixed what was my chief concern, although it would be nice to get the bitrate working also.

I noticed you've done a lot of work in this area lately. I'm going to attach a file for you to look at. This is a nautilus script for audio conversion, but it works from within ROX as well, if you symlink it into the OpenWith directory. Even nicer with the new ROX is that you can do that just for a certain filetype, say any audio file. The only issue with using it is that it uses zenity for the gui right now, but I looked at it and I don't imagine it would be too hard to convert it to using Xdialog and gxmessage. I've tried it on a lot of different formats and it works like a champ, maybe you'll be interested enough to port it. If not it's on my todo list.

Nathan
audio-convert.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  audio-convert.gz 
Filesize  7.96 KB 
Downloaded  289 Time(s) 

Dougal

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 10:45    Post_subject:  

Plinej: why do you disable oss when compiling ffmpeg? And is there a reason why both you and Barry do not enable threads? I run some app that uses ffmpeg and it gave a message about thread support not being enabled and that it has to emulate threads…

Are you sure libogg isn't in Puppy already?? I don't recall needing to add it (or is it part of vorbis-tools?).

But I think it's your mind
plinej

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 13:56    Post_subject:  

dougal, libogg is already in Puppy, wasn't sure if it was or not. I'll recompile with oss and threads and see what size it makes the libs.

Nathan, I'll take a look at that audio convert script. What I'll probably do with the ogg encoding is if the gui finds oggenc I'll use that with bit rates enabled otherwise I'll use my newly compiled ffmpeg with quality settings.
plinej

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 14:16    Post_subject:  

BTW, I've created Soxgui & PupLosslessAudioTool which will convert between audio formats. Soxgui uses sox and ffmpeg to convert between all supported formats. PupLosslessAudioTool converts between flac, shn, ape, wav, & mp3. Both of the latest versions are posted in this forum.
plinej

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 14:39    Post_subject:  

dougal, I re-compiled like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/man --disable-debug --enable-mp3lame --enable-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-pp --enable-libogg --disable-decoder=alac --disable-decoder=tta --disable-decoder=wv --disable-encoder=flac --disable-decoder=flac --disable-audio-beos --enable-small --enable-pthreads

It made the whole package maybe about 15 k bigger than the current puppy version so shouldn't be a problem in getting Barry to use it.
plinej

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2007, 20:54    Post_subject:  

I should have PBcdripper-1.6 ready Thursday or Friday which will be a total re-write. If you have flac installed there will be an encode to flac button. If you have ffmpeg compiled with libogg enabled you will have and encode to ogg button. If you have oggenc installed you will also have an ogg encode button. Lame is already in Puppy so of course there will be an encode to mp3 button. There will also be an encode to wma button but you will need my newly compiled ffmpeg (or another current version).
Dougal

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jan 2007, 11:11    Post_subject:  

Great, plinej, now we just need to get you-know-who to add that new ffmpeg to Puppy (you'll have to send him the dev files, too, to add to devx).
But I think it's your mind
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 10:24    Post_subject:  

I have it all re-written with mp3/ogg/wma/flac support. Just testing everything out now. I'll post my newly compiled ffmpeg and PBcdripper-1.6 sometime today if everything works as I think it should.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 14:35    Post_subject:  

1.6 is up at the beginning of this thread.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 20:17    Post_subject:  

1.7 is now up.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan 2007, 21:28    Post_subject:  

1.7b is up. I had the command for ffmpeg encoding to ogg set up wrong. Did all my testing with oggenc and forgot about ffmpeg (used when oggenc isn't found).
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jan 2007, 23:44    Post_subject:  

Plinej, I'm booting Puppy 2.13 from a CD, with a save file on a hard drive. What's the best way for me to try out the new version, just download and install the dotpup?
plinej

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan 2007, 10:40    Post_subject:  

yes, installing the new dotpup will delete the old version when it installs.
plinej

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan 2007, 16:02    Post_subject:  

I just posted 1.8 which adds a couple more features including a set defaults button.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jan 2007, 09:40    Post_subject:  

Plinej, the 1.8 dotpup seemed to install normally, but when I restarted JWM and then clicked on the entry in the dotpup menu, nothing happened. Then I went to /usr/local/PBcdripper and clicked on various things; they flickered but nothing else happened.

It's a good thing you left the 1.5 dotpup. I simply reinstalled it and everything is back the way it was. The new dotpup entry is still in the Menu, but that's ok.

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 7 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum