Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
plinej

#121 Post by plinej »

Nathan, feel free to do whatever you'd like with it for the grafpup version. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for the next version. As for the track names and tags I never really cared for those features but I'll look into how all that works.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#122 Post by Flash »

For what I use PBcdripper for, ripping audio books and converting them to mp3, the tags cause problems. Programs that expect them don't deal gracefully with it when they can't find them.

Nathan F

#123 Post by Nathan F »

I use a program called eztag in Fedora. It can do operations in bulk, and can edit every bit of meta-data the files will hold. I'll have to see how hard it would be to get up and running in Puppy, if I remember right there weren't too many dependencies. Of course that doesn't take care of the tags when you do the ripping, it just gives a way to edit them after the fact.

During the ripping process if I remember correctly Sound-Juicer calls a network database to retrieve album info. I don't remember what libs it needs to do the job, though. I bet there would be a problem with dependencies.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Dougal

#124 Post by Dougal »

Nathan F wrote:I use a program called eztag in Fedora. It can do operations in bulk, and can edit every bit of meta-data the files will hold. I'll have to see how hard it would be to get up and running in Puppy, if I remember right there weren't too many dependencies. Of course that doesn't take care of the tags when you do the ripping, it just gives a way to edit them after the fact.
I've compiled on Puppy quite a few programs for both ripping and editing tags, if anyone's interested.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Nathan F

#125 Post by Nathan F »

Yes, I'm interested. Links are appreciated.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

tempestuous

#126 Post by tempestuous »

plinej wrote:If anyone wants any features added let me know and I'll try to implement them.
plinej,
Forum member Brian C wants to rip CD's to AAC/MP4 - http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=15268
What about adding the option "AAC" to "Choose format to encode to"?

For AAC encoding you would need to recompile ffmpeg with "--enable-faac"
... or just make use of the separate FAAC encoding library which I just compiled, and now attach.

plinej

#127 Post by plinej »

2.0 is posted with aac support if faac is installed.

Nathan F

#128 Post by Nathan F »

Awesome :D

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

tempestuous

#129 Post by tempestuous »

Well done. With a turnaround time of 3 1/2 hours! :)
Maybe we should shift this faac dotpup to your first post, so users can readily access it at the same time they download PBcdripper? If so, I will then delete it from here.

plinej

#130 Post by plinej »

Right now I'm working on putting a section in for tagging your ogg, mp3, or m4a files. Should have a 2.1 version done sometime this weekend.

plinej

#131 Post by plinej »

updated to 2.1

plinej

#132 Post by plinej »

I didn't realize that ffmpeg supports tags too so I'll work on adding tag options to wma and ogg encoded by ffmpeg (only happens when oggenc isn't installed).

plinej

#133 Post by plinej »

updated to 2.2

iandel

#134 Post by iandel »

G'day,

I like your programme. I have a suggestion though. Can it be made to rip a file which is on the hard drive rather than a cd? It may be possible now but I couldn't find a way to do it as it kept looking for a cd.

Thanks for your work, it is appreciated.

plinej

#135 Post by plinej »

I assume you mean encode not rip right? I've already made a few gui's for transcoding between audio formats. Search the form for PupLosslessAudioTool, Faadgui, & Soxgui. I may add that feature to PBcdripper though.

iandel

#136 Post by iandel »

G'day,

Sorry, I got the wrong terminology, :oops: but you figured it out. Thanks again for your work.

plinej

#137 Post by plinej »

I probably will just make a big audio transcoding program and borrow alot of code from PBcdripper but I don't think I want to add more options to the existing program. I think I just want to keep it as a rip/encode program.

I just updated to 2.3 which adds support for some more lossless audio formats.

Nathan F

#138 Post by Nathan F »

Sounds sensible to me, I think there are plenty of other options in PBcdripper already. Any more and the interface might get a bit confusing.

And the idea of a general purpose audio transcoding program has been on my mind already, I think that would be a very good idea.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#139 Post by plinej »

Yeah, I've already got pretty much all the necessary code to transcode between any sox, ffmpeg, faac, and some various lossless audio codecs between several programs I wrote. It shouldn't take me long to come up with something. Just two drop down boxes, 1 with current type in chosen directory and one with type you wish to encode to. I'll probably throw something together on Monday or Tuesday.

Nathan F

#140 Post by Nathan F »

Sounds good, I look forward to it. BTW, I upgraded the PBcdripper package for Grafpup to this latest version again and changed out the icons. Looking very good. Thanks again.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...