Kodi: Problem trying to make it work on Bionic Pup

Using applications, configuring, problems
tomas rosiki

Kodi: Problem trying to make it work on Bionic Pup

#1 Post by tomas rosiki »

I've downloaded Kodi for Bionic Pup, but when I try to run it, this message appears:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.20)
When I go to the PPM to install Open SSL 1.1.1, I see that the package is already installed.

Any clues to what is going on?

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Which Bionicpup????
Bionicpup64 8.0?
Bionicpup32 8.0?

Yes there is a difference. One is 32bit, the other is 64 bit.
They are not the same Puppy.
Internally they are different.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

:wink: You forgot to mention Bionic updates and whether or not the dwnld was from Quickpet.
Required by /usr/lib64...
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

tomas rosiki

#4 Post by tomas rosiki »

It's Bionipup64, installed Kodi using Quickpet

Mike Walsh

#5 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ tomas rosiki:-

Kodi, huh? Perfect candidate for an AppImage. These are the Linux equivalent of the Windows 'PortableApp'.

Go here:-

https://github.com/cmatomic/Appimage-003/releases

.....and download the first item on the list. When you've downloaded it, re-name it to just "Kodi64" (or something equally simple).

Move it somewhere like /opt. Click on the upward-pointing arrow, far left of ROX's Menubar.....this takes you up a level, into the main file file-system. Navigate into /opt. Leave this window open.

Open another ROX-Filer window, and navigate to wherever you downloaded the AppImage. Now; drag the AppImage across to the first ROX-Filer window showing /opt; and drop it. In the wee window that shows, choose 'Copy'. (This is how we move things around in ROX; drag and drop, from one window to another).

When you've done that, right-click on it → Properties. Tick all 3 of the "Exec" boxes at the bottom, then hit 'Refresh'. Then 'Close'. This makes it executable.

Back in /opt, drag the Kodi AppImage from /opt, and drop it on the desktop. This will give you a desktop 'launcher'.

Now, just click on it. It'll take a little while, because it's 'unpacking' itself into /tmp, from where it will run for the duration. It should then fire up.....giving you Kodi 18.4 'Leia'. Not absolutely the very newest, but still fairly new and very serviceable.

Let us know how you get on, please.

Mike. :wink:

bigpup

#6 Post by bigpup »

tomas rosiki wrote:It's Bionipup64, installed Kodi using Quickpet
Is Bionicpup64 8.0 a frugal install?
Kodi, provided by Quickpet, is a sfs package, that is designed to be loaded, not installed. (a special way to run a program without actually installing it)
This is a feature of frugal installs.
The ability to load a program sfs package to run it.

Kodi runs for me in my Bionicpup64 8.0 frugal install.

I do have Bionicpup updated with latest updates by running Quickpet->Info->Bionicpup updates

May need to do this update first and reboot, so changes are saved and being used.

Then install Kodi again from Quickpet.
May need to first delete the Kodi.sfs package from /mnt/home, so you have the latest Kodi.sfs.

Kodi has been updated in Quickpet as of this date.
The earlier version did have problems.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)