How to translate bionicpup64 into Brazilian Portuguese?

Booting, installing, newbie
PLPL

How to translate bionicpup64 into Brazilian Portuguese?

#1 Post by PLPL »

The first time I turned on the puppy linux appeared a panel to configure the system (configure language, network, keyboard and etc.), and in this panel, I selected for the Brazilian language (Brazilian Portuguese) and pressed ok. Set up everything right, keyboard, network, etc. However appeared a message that I did not pay much attention, saying that to translate the system was necessary to install a package, more as I was not paying much attention I pressed to close the window without reading all the text. I've tried looking for this translation package and i didn't find it. Does anyone know where to download this translation package? And how do you install it?

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi PLPL,

I think you can accomplish what you want by (at anytime):
(1) Reboot into bionicpup64.
(2) Open Menu>Setup>QuickSetup first run settings.

That's the application which is automatically run the first time you boot into a Puppy. AFAIK, the only "permanent" change running that application WRITES to a SaveFile/Folder --if you create one-- is a file which basically tells Puppy not to run QuickSetup on bootup. But, when you run it manually and you should get the same instructions as if it's never been run before.

Of course, changing language/location is a guess, but I do know that other settings I made can later be changed by again running QuickSetup. Anyone with actual experience, please chime-in.

There's also an Application, Menu>Desktop>Chooselocale country localization. I believe that is just another GUI to initiate the same module Quicksetup calls.

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello PLPL.

I'm afraid there has not been a complete Brazilian version of any Puppy in some time.
Please see http://wikka.puppylinux.com/PuppyVersionSuperseded,
+/- middle of page.

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

enrique

#4 Post by enrique »

musher0
That link is interesting I never seen before. Nice old info. But that page is unrealistic. Last edited was in 2013-04-10 15:18:25 by darkcity [y Racy 5.2.2]]] ;)

PLPL translation package?
This is an area that many of us can help. Most packages are old and may need update. I have ONLY tested Spanish. So I have very little experience. But Like I said. With a Master(expert) in charge, many of us could help in that area.

PLPL
Main Forum Area=> Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Localization Project

Portuguese (Brazil) language pack

pelo's link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/us7s723k8de5k ... 140425.pet

Please notice pet is from 2014.

Please Note:
BarryK comments on the language packs
Translate EasyOS to your language
https://easyos.org/dev/translate-easyos ... guage.html

I believe same technique can be used but I have never tried.