superbeam for linux cant send files - Bionicpup32

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
alistera

superbeam for linux cant send files - Bionicpup32

#1 Post by alistera »

Hi
I have tried to use Superbeam to sent files to android devices it used to work but doesnt in after they updated it.
I think the problem is that it uses a ssl-proxy to send files now.
Does any know how to get it working?
Or is there a better way to send files to android devices wirelessly ?
Thanks

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Always, always, always, need to know what specific Puppy version you are using??????????
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

alistera

#3 Post by alistera »

Sorry its BionicPup32 19.03
I think the problem might be the file ssl-proxy that comes with the linux version of super beam might be for 64bit
I dont know if it can be changed to a 32bit?
thanks

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Alistera,

If you're running an Android device you need to also be running the pro version of SuperBeam.

Their site states Java 6 or later and firewall exceptions for outgoing ports 8080 and 8888.
Or is there a better way to send files to android devices wirelessly?
You *should* receive sufficient advice on the above here..
Attachments
sb_newversion.jpg
(45.1 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

alistera

#5 Post by alistera »

Thanks for your reply I do have the pro version and java installed.
I can send files to puppy but the problem is I can't send files from puppy to android it just hangs on the setting up the server, the problem is not the firewall. It is to do with setting up the ssl-proxy.(if run that file in the terminal it says "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error"
Which makes me think it is possibly for 64bit. (I can't get bionicpup 64 to work on my system because the wifi card won't work.)
I used to use the old version of superbeam on my computer but had to update to the new version after updates in android ment the old version wouldn't work anymore.

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Alistera, please check your inbox. Further questions I'll ask here.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

[RESOLVED]

#7 Post by Semme »

In conclusion, neither Bionic pup allowed file transfer from pc to Android via SuperBeam. When the smoke cleared, MobileIdea Studio's "Easy Share" coupled with FileZilla from PPM proved to be a satisfactory, if not "dead easy" combination for Ali aboard Bionic64.