Lucent Technologies modem worked in older Puppy, not 2.00

Using applications, configuring, problems
jcagle

Lucent Technologies modem worked in older Puppy, not 2.00

#1 Post by jcagle »

I recently downloaded the Barebones Puppy Linux 2.00

I downloaded the lucent technologies modem driver. I installed it. It does not work for me.

The modem fails when I try to set it up. It says it may still work, but when I use GKDial to dial up, it doesn't work.

My modem works in Grafpup and older versions of Puppy. Why isn't it working in Puppy2?

jcagle

#2 Post by jcagle »

I give up for tonight. I'm going to bed. I had really hoped to get this working tonight. :(

If anyone here can help me, though, I would very much appreciate it. If I can't get this working, I guess I'll have to pull out my old external modem.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

as i mentioned before in this thread,:

http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic ... ht=ltmodem

i couldn't get ltmodem to work with 2.01, so reverted to 1.08 where it works fine. then i tried 2.02 several times unsuccessfully, then for unknown reason, it started working!

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone at least...or going crazy.

I think I'll pull out my old external modem for now.

ICPUG

#5 Post by ICPUG »

JCAGLE

Did you try to use your Lucent modem with the pupget from the Puppy Series 1? If so then that will explain why it does not work. The pupget got updated for Puppy 2.02.

I had the same problem with the Smartlink modem. Got it working in 2.02 when I updated the pupget.

However the inbuilt driver for Puppy 2.10 does not seem to work for me. Don't know why.

ICPUG

jcagle

#6 Post by jcagle »

It was the version of pupget that came with barebones 2.0...and you said it was updated in 2.02...so I guess it's the old version.

Would I be able to run the old drivers if this is the case? I've got those too, and they still don't work...

jcagle

#7 Post by jcagle »

Just thought I'd bring you all up to speed on the situation...

I'm getting some help from Nathan. He told me to run lsmod and see if ltserial was there. It wasn't. So as he asked me to, I ran modprobe ltserial.
sh-3.00# modprobe ltserial
WARNING: Error inserting ltmodem (/lib/modules/2.6.16.7/ltmodem/ltmodem.ko): Invalid module format
FATAL: Error inserting ltserial (/lib/modules/2.6.16.7/ltmodem/ltserial.ko): Invalid module format
So then, he told me to do the same thing with ltmodem
modprobe ltmodem
FATAL: Error inserting ltmodem (/lib/modules/2.6.16.7/ltmodem/ltmodem.ko): Invalid module format
So...maybe this can help someone figure out what's going on.

jcagle

#8 Post by jcagle »

Nathan came to the conclusion that I don't have the right modules, and he will be sending them to me.

Why hasn't barebones gone past 2.01rsomethingoranother anyway?

jcagle

#9 Post by jcagle »

ok...why didn't anyone inform me of PuppyLite (formerly Barebones) 2.10 >