Petget-Tools

Miscellaneous tools
nic007

Petget-Tools

#1 Post by nic007 »

When you install a .pet there will normally be a few popup screens. The attached scripts attempt to install and uninstall .pet files without these screens. Could be useful to install a .pet for a current session only (especially when running in RAM). Also .pets install to a "higher" layer than the base sfs so could in this sense may be preferable to use instead of extra sfs files for some applications. Note that these scripts may not work with all puppys as package managers may be different or different versions. Tested with Racy, Precise, Tahr and Xenial.

The attached zip file contains:

1. Petget_NoScreens.sh - For installing. Probably best way to use is to place the script in the "Open With" menu and right-click a .pet and then open with the script OR replace the original petget script (in my puppy this is in /usr/local/petget). In the latter case you will need to rename this script to petget and backup the original.
2. Quick-Pet-Uninstall.sh - Run this script for the uninstall operation.
3. removepreview.sh - Place this script in the /usr/local/petget folder. It replaces the original script with the same name (backup the original first)
Attachments
Petget_Tools.zip
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Last edited by nic007 on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 11:59, edited 5 times in total.

nic007

#2 Post by nic007 »

Added two scripts for quick uninstall (you only run one of them) and updated the install script. The scripts have been repacked in one zip file, see first post. This is probably the final release.

rockedge

#3 Post by rockedge »

nice tool! thanks for the effort

Puppus Dogfellow

#4 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

thanks for this, nico007. very useful.

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:thanks for this, nico007. very useful.
You're welcome. Just a mention - I have packaged these tools as well as some others in my nicOS-Utility-Suite. You may want to check it out. See my signature for the link.