Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 12 Nov 2019, 20:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
DpupBuster CE 64 and 32 bit
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 9 [127 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Author Message
artsown

Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jul 2019, 08:41    Post subject:  

PupControl - Settings - Time Format has no effect. I installed PupClockset via PPM
and modified ,jwmrc-tray (and its bak) clock line as:
<Clock format="%a %d %b %l:%M %p">exec:PupClockset</Clock>
Now clicking on the time in the (lower) tray causes PupClockset to pop up, and
it works.

Installs of HTOP and linssid cannot be run via their menu items ... I must use their
.desktops dragged to the the desktop to run them.

My canon printer/scanner still cannot be installed unless I install drvers from the canon
web site. The problem doesn't exist on bionicpup64 and other pups.

Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
artsown

Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul 2019, 07:36    Post subject:  

My desktop:
http://home.ptd.net/~artnpeg/bustpup64.jpg

Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul 2019, 17:15    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

artsown wrote:
PupControl - Settings - Time Format has no effect. I installed PupClockset via PPM
and modified ,jwmrc-tray (and its bak) clock line as:
<Clock format="%a %d %b %l:%M %p">exec:PupClockset</Clock>
Now clicking on the time in the (lower) tray causes PupClockset to pop up, and
it works.

Installs of HTOP and linssid cannot be run via their menu items ... I must use their
.desktops dragged to the the desktop to run them.

My canon printer/scanner still cannot be installed unless I install drvers from the canon
web site. The problem doesn't exist on bionicpup64 and other pups.

Art


hi artsown
you're right with htop.
and regarding canon. I did not try.
Thanks for the tests.

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul 2019, 17:16    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

artsown wrote:
My desktop:
http://home.ptd.net/~artnpeg/bustpup64.jpg

Art

NICE !!!!

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
artsown

Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul 2019, 08:30    Post subject:  

Something I failed to mention concerning the clock format settings issue.

As I did mention, PupClockset must be installed. The package manager may complain
that it's already installed. Just ignore that and go ahead and install it!

I think you'll find that's all that needs to be done to fix the problem. PupClockset
takes care of editing .jwmrc-tray

Edit: After installation, PupClockset manager will be available under Menu - Desktop.
Click on it to set your desired format. After that, PupControl - Settings - Time Format wil
invoke PupClockset, as will clicking on the time on the bottom tray.

Art

Last edited by artsown on Thu 25 Jul 2019, 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
TiredPup


Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 30
Location: United States

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul 2019, 12:34    Post subject:  

TiredPup wrote:

Quote:
dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso. .

# MD5
90518210add0bcdff6e398ad52cdeab7 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso
# SHA1
ce318fbeab7d66a10a988adde4c95dc6253cdd76 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso


This image does not appear to contain a partition table. It is not bootable on any of my devices.

.
josejp2424 wrote:

Quote:
it worked well
I also loaded the iso with
unetbootin, and it worked.


My apologies for not following up on this sooner. I have been out of town for a couple of days.

I did try Unetbootin as you suggested and it worked fine. I have a bootable thumb drive with dpup buster 64 on it. Thank you.

I did not think to try unetbootin before you suggested it because I had forgotten about it altogether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul 2019, 22:09    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

TiredPup wrote:
TiredPup wrote:

Quote:
dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso. .

# MD5
90518210add0bcdff6e398ad52cdeab7 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso
# SHA1
ce318fbeab7d66a10a988adde4c95dc6253cdd76 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso


This image does not appear to contain a partition table. It is not bootable on any of my devices.

.
josejp2424 wrote:

Quote:
it worked well
I also loaded the iso with
unetbootin, and it worked.


My apologies for not following up on this sooner. I have been out of town for a couple of days.

I did try Unetbootin as you suggested and it worked fine. I have a bootable thumb drive with dpup buster 64 on it. Thank you.

I did not think to try unetbootin before you suggested it because I had forgotten about it altogether.


I'm glad that unetbotin worked.
and thanks for the TiredPup tests

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jul 2019, 09:09    Post subject: wps 2019
Subject description: wps-2019.sfs
 

I am one of those who like the office suite WPS so I leave the sfs.




https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/files/64bit/wps_office-11.1.0.8722.sfs

dictionaries

http://wps-community.org/download/dicts

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jul 2019, 10:37    Post subject: compile
Subject description: compile
 

From debian stretch to compile, archives that were once binary create them as a library .



For those who want to continue creating binary must run.

Code:
./configure CFLAGS='-no-pie' CXXFLAGS='-no-pie'


Code:
./configure CFLAGS='-no-pie' CXXFLAGS='-no-pie' --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul 2019, 02:14    Post subject: DpupBuster 64 beta 3
Subject description: DpupBuster 64 beta 3
 

DpupBuster 64 beta 3

fixed bugs of
cups , perl 5 , samba , arp-scan , pnscan gtk, system-config-printer, libcap , deadbeef ,libopus and fontconfig.

added programs

Take a Shot!
Peasyport
PupMenu
Dunts
cbatticon

In addition to jwm settings

dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_28072019.iso. .

# MD5
6777f7bb9ec554c76079018facbb96e7 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_28072019.iso
# SHA1
a5666da22c2913476f4f193ceff866c53461b624 dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_28072019.iso

Delta
dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta119072019.iso___dpupbuster64-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_28072019.iso. .

# MD5
598bebe346bdb7bf01172bdb94df660a

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
watchdog

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 1928
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul 2019, 03:05    Post subject:  

Cups not working with foomatic compressed ppds: "filter failed". Brother laser printer. I can use it by manual installing the original 32 bit drivers with the retired rcrsn51's 64BitInstaller.
Pulseaudio daemon does not authomatically start with my old savefile: I have to start it in console.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul 2019, 09:02    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

watchdog wrote:
Cups not working with foomatic compressed ppds: "filter failed". Brother laser printer. I can use it by manual installing the original 32 bit drivers with the retired rcrsn51's 64BitInstaller.
Pulseaudio daemon does not authomatically start with my old savefile: I have to start it in console.


hello watchdog,
and again thanks for reporting on the printer,
the pulseaudio in my case is working.

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
alextome930

Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul 2019, 13:06    Post subject:  why the system don't use my savefile?  

why the system can't find my savefile?
I did a frugal install on a USB-stick which had 2 partitions .I created a folder named dpupbuster64, and copyed initrd.gz vmlinuz puppy_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs zdrv_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs into it. Then I installed grub4dos on partition 1 with the following scripts:
Code:

title DpupBuster64 (sdd1)
  find --set-root /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz
  kernel /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz pfix=fsck pmedia=usbflash  PSUBDIR=dpupbuster64
  initrd /dpupbuster64/initrd.gz


it worked, the system boot well, audio graphic network are good .I can do anything . when i run shutdown or reboot , system asked me to create a savefile , i created a savefile (dpupbuster64save-0731.2fs) on partition 2 . Here is the problem: when I reboot the system, it couldn't find my savefile which just created. All the things I changed before reboot are gone.

What's the problem? Can anybody help me?

By the way, please forgive my pore English.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
blgs

Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul 2019, 14:06    Post subject: Re: why the system don't use my savefile?  

alextome930 wrote:
why the system can't find my savefile?
I did a frugal install on a USB-stick which had 2 partitions .I created a folder named dpupbuster64, and copyed initrd.gz vmlinuz puppy_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs zdrv_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs into it. Then I installed grub4dos on partition 1 with the following scripts:
Code:

title DpupBuster64 (sdd1)
  find --set-root /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz
  kernel /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz pfix=fsck pmedia=usbflash  PSUBDIR=dpupbuster64
  initrd /dpupbuster64/initrd.gz


it worked, the system boot well, audio graphic network are good .I can do anything . when i run shutdown or reboot , system asked me to create a savefile , i created a savefile (dpupbuster64save-0731.2fs) on partition 2 . Here is the problem: when I reboot the system, it couldn't find my savefile which just created. All the things I changed before reboot are gone.

What's the problem? Can anybody help me?

By the way, please forgive my pore English.


I assume sdd1 is your boot partition (FAT or ext4) and sdd2 is the partition (ext4) where your save file is located.

Replace "PSUBDIR=dpupbuster64" by "psave=sdd2". During bootup the system while search dpupbuster64 at sdd2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul 2019, 19:51    Post subject: Re: why the system don't use my savefile?  

alextome930 wrote:
why the system can't find my savefile?
I did a frugal install on a USB-stick which had 2 partitions .I created a folder named dpupbuster64, and copyed initrd.gz vmlinuz puppy_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs zdrv_dpupbuster64_8.0.0.sfs into it. Then I installed grub4dos on partition 1 with the following scripts:
Code:

title DpupBuster64 (sdd1)
  find --set-root /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz
  kernel /dpupbuster64/vmlinuz pfix=fsck pmedia=usbflash  PSUBDIR=dpupbuster64
  initrd /dpupbuster64/initrd.gz


it worked, the system boot well, audio graphic network are good .I can do anything . when i run shutdown or reboot , system asked me to create a savefile , i created a savefile (dpupbuster64save-0731.2fs) on partition 2 . Here is the problem: when I reboot the system, it couldn't find my savefile which just created. All the things I changed before reboot are gone.

What's the problem? Can anybody help me?

By the way, please forgive my pore English.


The menu.list is fine.
but are you sure you saved the dpupbuster64save-0731.2fs in the sdd1 partition?

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 9 [127 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0704s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0107s) ][ GZIP on ]