Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 17 Nov 2019, 09:32
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
BusterPup 8.0 CE (Beta-1)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 7 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
radky

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul 2019, 20:43    Post subject:  

jrb wrote:
I believe I've found a problem with ROX-Filer. The "Copy" function on the right-click menu crashes with no dialog box appearing when I try to copy a file or directory.

Hi jrb,

Recently, the Puppy iteration of ROX-Filer has received many useful updates by woodenshoe-wi of Woof-CE, including modifications of the right-click 'Copy' option.

If I understand correctly, copy by 'drag and drop' functions as usual in ROX-Filer, but the copy option available in the right-click menu has changed.

Now, selecting the right-click 'Copy' option in the source window will send the selected item to the clipboard and then you select the right-click 'Paste' option in the destination window. Behavior of the old 'Copy' option of the right-click menu is now available through the 'Duplicate' option.

http://blog.puppylinux.com/puppy-specific-version-of-rox-filer-in-woof-ce-testing-branch

I hope this helps! Smile

jrb

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul 2019, 22:17    Post subject:  

radky wrote:

I hope this helps! Smile

Thanks for teaching an old dog a new trick. Cool Woof!
jrb

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul 2019, 22:52    Post subject:  

OK, got another possible problem for you. Osmo doesn't start from the Personal menu or from /usr/share/applications/osmo.desktop. It will start from a console by typing "osmo" but the command in osmo.desktop is "osmo-reset" which gives "command not found" in the console. Not sure where that comes from but should be an easy fix.

Cheers, J
phat7

PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug 2019, 01:39    Post subject:  

Switched from JWM to FbBox. File selection in rox is buggy. When I ctrl-click a file and move cursor key down, the clicked file remains selected and selection does not change, only active file changes (the thing with the running ants border). Sometimes cursor jumps to top of file list and continues activation from top.
Using cursor in opposite direction pressing Up key is even worse. This always opens PupSnap Crying or Very sad

In mmview the down key works but the up key also opens PupSnap
radky

PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug 2019, 06:53    Post subject:  

jrb wrote:
OK, got another possible problem for you. Osmo doesn't start from the Personal menu or from /usr/share/applications/osmo.desktop. It will start from a console by typing "osmo" but the command in osmo.desktop is "osmo-reset" which gives "command not found" in the console. Not sure where that comes from but should be an easy fix.J

Hi jrb,

The /usr/bin/osmo-reset script controls placement of the OSMO GUI on screen and circumvents the warning dialog which repeatedly asks if you want to continue loading osmo when another instance is already running.

In BusterPup Beta-1, osmo-reset is part of the adrv.sfs (FbBox). In Beta-2 it will be available with or without the adrv.

Thanks jrb!

radky

PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug 2019, 06:55    Post subject:  

phat7 wrote:
Switched from JWM to FbBox. File selection in rox is buggy. When I ctrl-click a file and move cursor key down, the clicked file remains selected and selection does not change, only active file changes (the thing with the running ants border). Sometimes cursor jumps to top of file list and continues activation from top.
Using cursor in opposite direction pressing Up key is even worse. This always opens PupSnap Crying or Very sad

In mmview the down key works but the up key also opens PupSnap

Hi phat7,

In BusterPup Beta-1, evdev manages mouse and keyboard interactions. However, in some scenarios, it seems evdev may provide incorrect key mapping, particularly the PrtScr, Up and End keys.

FbBox provides an option to reset the problematic key bindings (FbPanel configuration -> Plugins tab -> Key Bindings -> select 'true' -> click Apply -> then restart X-server).

However, with evdev keyboard management, incorrect key bindings are also reported at times in the JWM desktop environment. Consequently, in the next release (Beta-2), management of keyboard and mouse interactions will revert to conventional drivers (kbd_drv.so and mouse_drv.so). Even so, for those who prefer evdev, a small script (and gui) will be available to quickly switch between evdev and conventional management of the keyboard and mouse.

Thanks phat7!

radky

PostPosted: Sat 03 Aug 2019, 13:54    Post subject:  

mfb wrote:
Quote:
GetFlash (install Flash Player), has a recent update; though... it is taking almost 3 minutes to connect...

Apparently, this is due in part to the Adobe Flash server's faulty termination of the initial TLS connection.

In BusterPup, the Wget utility (compiled with gnutils) interprets this as an error and repeatedly attempts another connection, followed by a time-out error after 2-3 minutes.

The Wget build will be adjusted for the upcoming Beta-2.

Thanks

B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug 2019, 10:31    Post subject:  

@radkey
I haven't yet installed Buster, but while browsing this thread I came upon the discussion on the aberrant Copy/Paste behaviour I was unaware of or seen discussed before. I have noticed recently, but was ubable to explain, why when I highlight a post, right-click Copy and try to Post in Composer, nothing gets printed. Same behaviour if I middle-click the mouse. I used to be able to do both/either. Experimentally, I discovered that if I excluded the last lines with boxes, it copied. If I want those boxes, I have to do so separately.

tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM

radky

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug 2019, 12:29    Post subject:  

B.K. Johnson wrote:
@radkey
I haven't yet installed Buster, but while browsing this thread I came upon the discussion on the aberrant Copy/Paste behaviour I was unaware of or seen discussed before. I have noticed recently, but was ubable to explain, why when I highlight a post, right-click Copy and try to Post in Composer, nothing gets printed. Same behaviour if I middle-click the mouse. I used to be able to do both/either. Experimentally, I discovered that if I excluded the last lines with boxes, it copied. If I want those boxes, I have to do so separately.

Thanks for your post.

Keep in mind, the prior discussion pertains to the new Copy/Paste behavior in recent iterations of ROX Filer.

If I understand correctly, your default Puppy is tahrpup-6.05 and you typically use the Seamonkey suite which includes the Composer HTML editor.

Although the infrastructure and support files in BusterPup have changed significantly since tahrpup-6.0.5, I installed Seamonkey-2.49.4 in BusterPup and tested the copy/paste functionality.

Perhaps I misunderstand the problem you describe in tahrpup, but it seems copy/paste from the Seamonkey browser to Composer functions properly for me (in BusterPup) including text, graphics and internet links. For example, the attached screenshot shows Composer with your initial post copied/pasted from the Seamonkey browser.

I hope this helps. Smile
Screenshot.png
 Description   
 Filesize   81.66 KB
 Viewed   877 Time(s)

Screenshot.png

B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug 2019, 17:58    Post subject:  

radky
Thanks for your prompt reply.
A couple corrections to your assumptions, but those are not germane to the issue.
1. My normal browser is Firefox, not Seamonkey, although I can use Composer with or without Seamonkey running. I don't remember if the problem occurs with Seamonkey also.
2. My sig says tahr-6.0.5, but I am transitioning from tahr-6.0.6 to upuppbb/bionic32 from which I am now posting. I think I have seen the situation described in both puppies.

The portion of the screenshot you show is not the problem. Try to copy a complete post including the table at the bottom starting with Back to top and including Profile and PM. Or try copying multiple posts that cross this line or include the last of the second post.
Hope this clarifies what the problem is.

tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM

radky

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug 2019, 18:46    Post subject:  

B.K. Johnson wrote:
The portion of the screenshot you show is not the problem. Try to copy a complete post including the table at the bottom starting with Back to top and including Profile and PM. Or try copying multiple posts that cross this line or include the last of the second post.

In the screenshot below, I have copied your complete prior post starting at the bottom with Back to top and including Profile and PM, and I have 'crossed the line' to include the bottom of the preceding post.

If I understand correctly, it seems the above copy/paste to Composer is successful in BusterPup.

Since the subject of your post pertains to issues in tahr-6.0.6, it may be best to inquire on that thread.

I hope this helps.
Screenshot-1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   99.48 KB
 Viewed   812 Time(s)

Screenshot-1.png

B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug 2019, 21:49    Post subject:  

radky wrote:
Quote:
If I understand correctly, it seems the above copy/paste to Composer is successful in BusterPup.

Good to know as Buster is the next distro I plan to install (dependent on driver for my wi-fi dongle).

Quote:
Since the subject of your post pertains to issues in tahr-6.0.6, it may be best to inquire on that thread.

Not tahr-6.0.6. upupbb. I agree that is the right thread for the issue.
Quote:
I hope this helps.

Yes! Posts in the thread led me to those about the new ROX-filer and although I avoided the debate, peebee may well have included the revision in upupbb.

charlie6

PostPosted: Wed 21 Aug 2019, 02:25    Post subject: error when compiling mtpaint  

Hi radky! Very Happy
tons of thanks for this new 32 bits BusterPup !
I went to discover as late as last week ... together with a new 3.49.19 wjaguar's mtpaint version (many thanks to him).
On a fresh frugal install with devx_buster_8.0.sfs loaded + reboot.
Then got a try to compile it and got errors described herunder (never got such errors since years while compiling mtpaint).
Looks like there are some confusions between /usr/include/ and /usr/local/include/ (??? Shocked ) directories while compiling.

Here are comments from command line:

Quote:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr
---------------------
mtPaint Configuration
---------------------
-------
General
-------
Version 3.49.19
System GNU/Linux
Toolkit GTK+2
etc...etc...
------------
Installation
------------
Binary install /usr/bin
Install man page NO
# make
make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory '/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/mtPaint-master/src'
/usr/bin/gcc -Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -DU_THREADS -DU_FPICK_MTPAINT -DU_CPICK_MTPAINT -DMT_VERSION='"mtPaint 3.49.19"' -DHAVE__SFA -DHAVE_MKDTEMP -DU_GIF -DU_JP2=2 -DU_JPEG -DU_FREETYPE -DU_LCMS=2 -I/usr/include/openjpeg-2.3 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -O2 -frandom-seed=main -c -o main.o main.c
In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
from mygtk.h:20,
from main.c:22:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30:10: fatal error: gio/gio.h: No such file or directory
#include <gio/gio.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Checked: /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h present
Now adding a /usr/local/include/ directory + glib2.0 symlink inside of it:
Code:
# mkdir -p /usr/local/include/
# ln -s /usr/include/glib-2.0/ /usr/local/include/

and make again:
Quote:
# make
make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory '/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/mtPaint-master/src'
/usr/bin/gcc -Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -DU_THREADS -DU_FPICK_MTPAINT -DU_CPICK_MTPAINT -DMT_VERSION='"mtPaint 3.49.19"' -DHAVE__SFA -DHAVE_MKDTEMP -DU_GIF -DU_JP2=2 -DU_JPEG -DU_FREETYPE -DU_LCMS=2 -I/usr/include/openjpeg-2.3 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -O2 -frandom-seed=main -c -o main.o main.c
In file included from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:32,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gbinding.h:28,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib-object.h:23,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:28,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:28,
from /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:26,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
from mygtk.h:20,
from main.c:22:
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:32:10: fatal error: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
#include <glibconfig.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:20: main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/mtPaint-master/src'
make: *** [Makefile:8: src] Error 2
#

I gave it up at this step.

For comparison sake, on DpupStretch-7.5, mtpaint-3.49.19 compiles OOTB.

HTH
Charlie
wjaguar

PostPosted: Wed 21 Aug 2019, 06:37    Post subject: Re: error when compiling mtpaint  

charlie6 wrote:
Hi radky! Very Happy
Looks like there are some confusions between /usr/include/ and /usr/local/include/ (??? Shocked ) directories while compiling.

Looks like GLib's pkg-config file does not match install location.
The things just like one you observed could happen if GLib were compiled without passing "--prefix=/usr" to ./configure , and then the installed files were just moved from /usr/local/* to /usr/* .
The output of "pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags" should prove if that is indeed the case.
radky

PostPosted: Wed 21 Aug 2019, 23:03    Post subject: Re: error when compiling mtpaint  

wjaguar wrote:
charlie6 wrote:
Looks like there are some confusions between /usr/include/ and /usr/local/include/ directories while compiling.

Looks like GLib's pkg-config file does not match install location.

@charlie6 and wjaguar,

I will recompile glib-2.58.3 for the upcoming Beta-2.

Thanks for the report!

Page 7 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: