ROX doesn't erase with my delete key? (SOLVED)

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
gychang

ROX doesn't erase with my delete key? (SOLVED)

#1 Post by gychang »

I have used other pup setup and I seem to recall highlighting a file/folder and using the delete key work.

On my Quirky-beaver64 setup, ROX (v2.11) does not have this function, (also F4 does not open the terminal).

Is there a more refined ROX that work?

thanks,
Last edited by gychang on Sat 25 May 2019, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
---
trying to learn puppylinux... :D
---

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

In ROX, I right-click on a folder (directory) that I want to delete, then choose delete.

gychang

#3 Post by gychang »

Flash wrote:In ROX, I right-click on a folder (directory) that I want to delete, then choose delete.
I was wondering how to delete by using the delete key. since I prefer key use after highlighting a file/folder.
---
---

SFR

#4 Post by SFR »

You can find out what's the current keyboard shortcut for a given action next to it in right-click menu.

If you want to change or assign new shortcut:

1. Add this line to ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

Code: Select all

gtk-can-change-accels=1
and restart ROX or X.

2. Open right-click menu, highlight the action you want to change the shortcut for and press the desired key combination.
Use Backspace or Delete to clear it.

3. Afterwards you may want to delete that line from ~/.gtkrc-2.0 in order to avoid changing the shortcuts by accident.

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

gychang

#5 Post by gychang »

SFR wrote:You can find out what's the current keyboard shortcut for a given action next to it in right-click menu.

2. Open right-click menu, highlight the action you want to change the shortcut for and press the desired key combination.

Greetings!
am I doing this right?, I assume open rox, right mouse click...
Attachments
capture8616.png
(34.82 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
---
---

rufwoof

#6 Post by rufwoof »

In a rox window with nothing selected, Ctrl-Delete will change the pointer mouse cursor to a target (+) type cursor. Move that cursor to over the file/folder you want to delete and press Enter

Another 'trick' is to left mouse press/drag over a group of files/folders to have them being 'selected' ... and then press Ctrl-Delete
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]

some1

#7 Post by some1 »

@gychang:
CatDude provides a how-to with pics:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 862#354862

PipzDex

Re: ROX file/folder doesn't erase with my delete key?

#8 Post by PipzDex »

gychang wrote:I have used other pup setup and I seem to recall highlighting a file/folder and using the delete key work.

On my Quirky-beaver64 setup, ROX (v2.11) does not have this function, (also F4 does not open the terminal).

thanks,

==> You mean this? <==
Attachments
ROX-Delete.jpg
ROX with delete key
(116.3 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

gychang wrote:
SFR wrote:You can find out what's the current keyboard shortcut for a given action next to it in right-click menu.

Greetings!
am I doing this right?, I assume open rox, right mouse click...
From the screenshot you showed, it appears your cursor was in the blank area of the ROX window when you right-clicked. If you want the "Delete" option to show, the cursor has to be on an icon, either a directory or a file, when you right-click.

PipzDex

Re: ROX file/folder doesn't erase with my delete key?

#10 Post by PipzDex »

PipzDex wrote:
gychang wrote:I have used other pup setup and I seem to recall highlighting a file/folder and using the delete key work.

thanks,

==> You mean this? <==

For those interested in having ROX filer the option to delete files and folders with the delete button you have to install this file which is an update (I think), I added download link

https://github.com/woodenshoe-wi/rox-fi ... mmon32.pet

I hope it's usefull...

gychang

Re: ROX doesn't erase with my delete key?(SOLVED)

#11 Post by gychang »

PipzDex wrote:
PipzDex wrote:

thanks,

==> You mean this? <==

For those interested in having ROX filer the option to delete files and folders with the delete button you have to install this file which is an update (I think), I added download link

https://github.com/woodenshoe-wi/rox-fi ... mmon32.pet

I hope it's usefull...
got it, works great.
---
---

takenp

#12 Post by takenp »

SFR wrote:
1. Add this line to ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

Code: Select all

gtk-can-change-accels=1
and restart ROX or X.
Unbeliveble but it works! I want everyone who loves ROX and uses it everyday knew that! You can remap and assign new shortcuts in ROX-FILER as you wish. thx @SFR!
[color=indigo]~=~=~=~=~
I'm running Internet radio here: http://melodymaker.org
The very best of hard rock with 192 bit quality stream.[/color]