Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 21 Sep 2019, 21:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
How to see iPhone 5S photos in Puppy Xenial or Bionic?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Author Message
pp4mnklinux


Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 340

PostPosted: Sun 05 May 2019, 14:02    Post subject:  How to see iPhone 5S photos in Puppy Xenial or Bionic?  

Hello everybody:

From time to time I ask this question to see if there is any solution to my problem.


I prefer android, but my wife give me her iphone 5 years ago (iphone 5S) and for my work use it's what I need (mail, calendar, weather, notes and photos).

I can use these things from my PUPPY XENIAL or Bionic, except PHOTOS.

Is there any way to transfer the photos I took with my iphone to my puppy?


I must go to windows to download my photos (copy the folder), how can I do it with Xenial or Bionic PUPPY???


THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.

_________________
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
gychang


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 303
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Sun 05 May 2019, 16:21    Post subject: Re: iPhone 5s photos  

pp4mnklinux wrote:
Hello everybody:

From time to time I ask this question to see if there is any solution to my problem.


I prefer android, but my wife give me her iphone 5 years ago (iphone 5S) and for my work use it's what I need (mail, calendar, weather, notes and photos).

I can use these things from my PUPPY XENIAL or Bionic, except PHOTOS.

Is there any way to transfer the photos I took with my iphone to my puppy?


I must go to windows to download my photos (copy the folder), how can I do it with Xenial or Bionic PUPPY???


THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.


I use gftp app when I want to copy files in my android phone to bionicpup64, should be able to do this on iphone?

_________________
---
trying to learn puppylinux...
---
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
dancytron

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Posts: 1359

PostPosted: Sun 05 May 2019, 18:49    Post subject:  

Is there a file manager that supports samba for the iphone?

On my android phone I just use ES file manager (an older version without all the annoying ads) to browse right to my desktop computer's samba shares and copy files back and forth. I can also play videos and music on my desktop with my phone when I am walking on the treadmill etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
bigpup


Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 12581
Location: S.C. USA

PostPosted: Sun 05 May 2019, 20:46    Post subject:  

In Bionicpup64 8.0
Have you tried using menu>Filesystem>Connect Your Android Phone?

_________________
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected Shocked
YaPI(any iso installer) http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107601
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pp4mnklinux


Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 340

PostPosted: Mon 06 May 2019, 02:03    Post subject: Apple not supported  

bigpup wrote:
In Bionicpup64 8.0
Have you tried using menu>Filesystem>Connect Your Android Phone?


When running this on BionicPup, a red pop up appears to tell me that "Apple inc devices are not supported"

When working with gFTP, the camera is empty

When I connect it with the usb port, puppy detects it as connected, but when opening the folder it's empty.


Thanks everybody
image-2.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  image-2.jpg 
Filesize  58.63 KB 
Downloaded  44 Time(s) 

_________________
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
bigpup


Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 12581
Location: S.C. USA

PostPosted: Mon 06 May 2019, 04:02    Post subject:  

Try installing and using ifuse.

Bionicpup64 8.0 has ifuse in Puppy Package Manager(PPM).
Do a search in PPM for ifuse.

This tells you how to use it after it is installed.
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/ifuse.1.html
Note:
In Puppy, not sure if you need to use the $ symbol in the command example.

Never used this, but I think it will make the iphone show up in ROX file manager, after you get it mounted using ifuse.

_________________
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected Shocked
YaPI(any iso installer) http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107601
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pp4mnklinux


Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 340

PostPosted: Mon 06 May 2019, 11:01    Post subject: thanks  

bigpup wrote:
Try installing and using ifuse.

Bionicpup64 8.0 has ifuse in Puppy Package Manager(PPM).
Do a search in PPM for ifuse.

This tells you how to use it after it is installed.
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/ifuse.1.html
Note:
In Puppy, not sure if you need to use the $ symbol in the command example.

Never used this, but I think it will make the iphone show up in ROX file manager, after you get it mounted using ifuse.


Thanks a lot, I installed this soft, but I can't find it to use. It's the same, I read the instructions and It's difficult for me.- I want a plug and play option.... like in windows.


Have a nice day.

_________________
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0495s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0140s) ][ GZIP on ]