Microsoft Updates & Kreb's Security Affecting Tahrpup?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Nanosecond

Microsoft Updates & Kreb's Security Affecting Tahrpup?

#1 Post by Nanosecond »

Dear Friends,
Microsoft has put out an Update that has become a *part* of your Windows 7 computer. You cannot remove,delete or hide this update. It's KB4490628 2019-03 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems. There are several other updates that come right along with it.
In another post titled "Tahrpup Won't Access Google Voice" (I received no response to date on that Post)
I mentioned how I could no longer use or access Google Voice on that laptop. It's a windows 7 laptop and Tarhpup has been running nearly perfect until this update.
I may be way off about this, but ever since that update I can't use Google Voice as I once did.
Perhaps it has something to do with the older version of Chrome 48.0.2564.116 that is required for Tahrpup? I can access everything else like Gmail, Aol, Youtube and anything else listed on that top line that is Book marked.
Below is the first paragraph and link to Brian Krebs Patch Tuesday, March 2019 Edition.
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.|
Cheers, Raphael
:roll:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03/pat ... 9-edition/
Microsoft on Tuesday pushed out software updates to fix more than five dozen security vulnerabilities in its Windows operating systems, Internet Explorer, Edge, Office and Sharepoint. If you (ab)use Microsoft products, it’s time once again to start thinking about getting your patches on. Malware or bad guys can remotely exploit roughly one-quarter of the flaws fixed in today’s patch batch without any help from users.