Distributions created by Forum members

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
wiak

#181 Post by wiak »

aaaaa wrote:Why is wiak such a crybaby?

If you look at that discussion, s451a (sic) already read it days ago,.He is well aware, nobody is forcing him to do what he is doing and you can't force people to do what they don't want to do.

We're all individuals, there are no groups or conspiracy theories, we all do what we want to do and nothing else.

PS: merging code was started months ago by only one individual, being a drama queen like wiak or musher0 doesn't help, in fact it does help to end all efforts.
And what is it that you have ever created or actively build on and for the murga forum in your, "long term one-year... here"? Your avatar shows it all except for the missing brown tongue.

My post concerned the lack of earlier courtesy, and the general arrogant insulting by Puppy devs who should know better. s243a and others began working on woof-next code 05May2019 - only later informing about woof-CE sudden merge plans was hardly being helpful - it is not as if jamesbond could not have done so back at the time. As for the comments suggesting others are somehow incapable - well, ignorance is bliss I suppose.

aaaaa

#182 Post by aaaaa »

There is a misunderstanding here. People assume that some other people know that what other people are thinking or doing. That was never the case.

So I hereby declare that DebianDog is the official Debian Puppy.

Will my voice be heard? I hope so.

s243a

#183 Post by s243a »

Find me on [url=https://www.minds.com/ns_tidder]minds[/url] and on [url=https://www.pearltrees.com/s243a/puppy-linux/id12399810]pearltrees[/url].

s243a

#184 Post by s243a »

aaaaa wrote:If you look at that discussion, s451a already read it days ago,.He is well aware, nobody is forcing him to do what he is doing and you can't force people to do what they don't want to do.
agreed. Although, if there was something I missed then I would hope that one would be kind enough to offer this information. However, I think that I was ahead of such helpful advice because I was already utilizing woof-CE components (via TazPup64) before looking at woof-next. That said, I I wasn't up on all the latest changes to the experimental branch or fruture plans because I didn't at the time know about following projects on github :oops:
We're all individuals, there are no groups or conspiracy theories, we all do what we want to do and nothing else.
I think someone really likes Ann Rand's books :P
PS: merging code was started months ago by only one individual, being a drama queen like wiak or musher0 doesn't help, in fact it does help to end all efforts.
This is the kind of helpful advice that can also come off as a threat :o Which way a person sees it I suppose depends on their mood.

P.S. I did read the github discussion but I missed (glossed over) the stuff about merging it into an experimental branch. If this was started months ago than the process seems to be quite slow :o
Find me on [url=https://www.minds.com/ns_tidder]minds[/url] and on [url=https://www.pearltrees.com/s243a/puppy-linux/id12399810]pearltrees[/url].

wiak

#185 Post by wiak »

Added FirstRib build system constructed WeeDog Linux to the first post list.

Removed Quirky since the project was 'retired' and no longer developed, and whilst its documentation and downloads continue to be available, that availabily was announced as being no longer guaranteed.

wiak

johnrpm

#186 Post by johnrpm »

As a puppy user ( on and off) for some years, but only a mere user, I greatly appreciate this effort by wiak, it takes a considerable effort on returning to puppy to try and understand the state of play in a fast moving community and just what is what, although I at least have some clue, what it must be like for a new linux convert I can only guess, wiak's efforts are appreciated and needed at least to smooth the steep learning curve.

wiak

#187 Post by wiak »

First post of this thread updated to indicate that distro:

FirstRib-based WeeDog Linux now comes in multiple build flavours' - Void, Ubuntu, Debian, and Devuan (Arch flavour under development).

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 93#1020193

wiak

Distrowatch_murga. Last updated: 01 September 2019

#188 Post by wiak »

reserved

for Distrowatch_murga post, see:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... ?p=1035827

Barkingmad

#189 Post by Barkingmad »

Hello

Great post -- could it be made "sticky" maybe even moved to the beginers section. We've needed something like this for years.

wiak

#190 Post by wiak »

Barkingmad wrote:Hello

Great post -- could it be made "sticky" maybe even moved to the beginers section. We've needed something like this for years.
Thanks. Yes, it does make more sense to move thread to Beginners Section, also I've asked for it to be made sticky but moderator(s) have just ignored that request so nothing I can do about that. I don't have powers to move whole thread either, but I'll start new thread in Beginners Section with new first post of this (which is actually now a link to a blog post I can more easily keep up to date). So let's consider this thread under Projects area now closed and continue any discussions about it in the thread I'll start for it under "Beginners".

Cheers, wiak

wiak

#191 Post by wiak »

Actually, until and if such time the thread is made 'sticky', it is probably necessary to keep thread in Projects folder too. Beginners posts are frequent changing information so a thread like this one disappears too quickly since the list of new projects doesn't need altered particularly often...

Certainly Beginners Section is where I'd like to keep it, but that can only happen when this forum's moderator's respect the request to make it sticky there.

wiak

slackfan

#192 Post by slackfan »

Hi Wiak

Avery interesting thread...

An I will refer to this page from your web page:
https://www.tinylinux.info/post/distrib ... m-members/

where you give relatively long explanations on ubuntu derivatives.

but it so that ubunutu stay only available a few years without difficulties. sometimes only one year, sometimes, LTS ones, longer.

but a lot of our lovely Puppy's and assoc. are about as old as the supporting time :roll:

or older :twisted:

and debian?

I have at home more than 3 (3 with each the complete CD / DVD collection of each release, binaries and sources, other with large extracts depending of the source...), some ones very old (perhaps Debian 1, I would have to check it again)

and other peoples of that forum have probably other collections of Debian :roll:

but it seems that nobody have interest to preserve the sustainability of our puppy releases. The poor «ppm» is overstained if you wish from it to consult authentic Debian CD's/DVD's or her copy in a dir or archive on your HD :oops:

I suppose the lat real Dpup's (with the authentic mixture and funtions of real puppy's) where such of iguleder (how to find them again here or at archives)?

the new ones have great bad differences to the average Puppy definition...

and no one have both 32 and 64 bit versions (so if you have more than one PC in your house and not collections of Debian for both, your are automatically very limited( ... :cry:

our activities are often nonsens...