Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 13 Nov 2019, 04:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
DPupBuster-7.9.0.2 published 17 Feb 2019
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 14 of 15 [225 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Author Message
darry19662018

Joined: 31 Mar 2018
Posts: 644
Location: Rakaia

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jun 2019, 05:01    Post subject: Dpup Buster K3.18.138  

Have this booting on my machine would like to see how it goes on others.

Basically the beautiful dpup buster 7.9.0.2 with kernel kernel 3.18.138 it has a basic save file to make it boot this kernel and contains the original kernel files if you wish to roll back to the series 4 kernel. I would like to know how this will boot on other machines. this method is the only one using the remaster process that would keep my changes of the new kernel.

I have trimmed the iso down as a thin version so there is no cups a useful buiding block for old machines that find series 4 kernels to be too demanding.
https://archive.org/details/dpupbusterk3.18.138v1


As an aside I manually install iso's copying the contents to a folder and edit grub4dos accordingly.

_________________
Puppy Linux Wiki: http://wikka.puppylinux.com/HomePage

https://freemedia.neocities.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jul 2019, 20:20    Post subject: pulseaudio
Subject description: pulseaudio dpupbuster64
 

I'm trying pulseaudio, and it's working very well. I use Skype, Firefox and SimpleScreenRecorder a lot, and these programmes use pulseaudio. I used to run them with apulse but they didn't work to 100%, so I tested pulseaudio, and now the audio is managed by pulse. Skype works on 64bit only. Tested on DpupBuster64.

Now I'd like to put a package of pulseaudio in 32bit,

But there isn't any Skype for 32bit


_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jul 2019, 17:01    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

Dpupbuster 64 alpha2 .

escritorio.




midori 8 and pasystray. ( PulseAudio system tray ).





dpupbuster64_7.9.0.2-Alpha3-07072019.iso. .

Devx - kernel source.

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
watchdog

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 1928
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul 2019, 12:52    Post subject:  

Working here except PuppyPhone (psip). I can use a psip in a chroot 32 bit jail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul 2019, 14:05    Post subject: PuppyPhone
Subject description: PuppyPhone
 

watchdog wrote:
Working here except PuppyPhone (psip). I can use a psip in a chroot 32 bit jail.


hi Watchdog

I'm sorry, I haven't tested PuppyPhone yet

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
artsown

Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 07:55    Post subject:  

Regarding Dpupbuster 64, it was a real pleasure to use the latest version
of firefox with your pulseaudio. I already plan to use this as a sort of
firefoxpup64. It works extremely well.

Art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
watchdog

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 1928
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 12:43    Post subject:  

Osmo not working: missing symlinks libical.so.1 and libicalss.so.1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Terry H

Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 666
Location: The Heart of Muskoka, ON Canada

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 14:31    Post subject:  

New frugal install to internal SSD on Dell 3350 Latitude laptop with Core i5-5200U / 8GB RAM with Touchscreen. Set up went well, Intel 7265 wifi card identified and setup wifi without issue. All tested working well. Well done josejp2424.

On first shutdown successfully created save folder in partition (sda4).

On reboot and all subsequent boots I get an error message displayed and the boot process pauses for 60 seconds then completes successfully. The following boot error message is displayed:

Code:

Adding module hid_multitouchmodprobe:  Can't channge to directory `/lib/modules'
No such file or directory.

Dumping last lines of /tmp/bootinit.log...
.
.

Dumping last lines of kernel log...
.
.

Pausing for 60 seconds...


On resumption, the boot process completes successfully. All is working OK, including the touchscreen, which is functioning correctly.

Just reporting to see if something can be done to not cause the 60 second pause.

Thanks for your this excellent addition to Puppy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Terry H

Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 666
Location: The Heart of Muskoka, ON Canada

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 15:13    Post subject:  

As this puppy includes pulse audio, I thought I would try the latest firefox. I downloaded and unpacked and installed the firefox directory to /initrd/mnt/dev_save.
If ran as root, sound works without issue. If running the firefox executable prepended with 'run-as-spot', firefox runs, but without sound.

Looking at the pasystray gave me no clue on how to get sound working. Any assistance on getting sound working when running as spot, would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 16:32    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

artsown wrote:
Regarding Dpupbuster 64, it was a real pleasure to use the latest version
of firefox with your pulseaudio. I already plan to use this as a sort of
firefoxpup64. It works extremely well.

Art


Thanks artsown

firefox works fine if you use it in root.
the same with google chrome.

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 16:37    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

watchdog wrote:
Osmo not working: missing symlinks libical.so.1 and libicalss.so.1.


thanks watchdog

Those bookstores I had not noticed.

I have problem now with pkg ( of scottman )
corrupts the system.

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
josejp2424


Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 16:45    Post subject: DpupBuster 64
Subject description: Dpupbuster 64
 

Terry H wrote:
New frugal install to internal SSD on Dell 3350 Latitude laptop with Core i5-5200U / 8GB RAM with Touchscreen. Set up went well, Intel 7265 wifi card identified and setup wifi without issue. All tested working well. Well done josejp2424.

On first shutdown successfully created save folder in partition (sda4).

On reboot and all subsequent boots I get an error message displayed and the boot process pauses for 60 seconds then completes successfully. The following boot error message is displayed:

Code:

Adding module hid_multitouchmodprobe:  Can't channge to directory `/lib/modules'
No such file or directory.

Dumping last lines of /tmp/bootinit.log...
.
.

Dumping last lines of kernel log...
.
.

Pausing for 60 seconds...


On resumption, the boot process completes successfully. All is working OK, including the touchscreen, which is functioning correctly.

Just reporting to see if something can be done to not cause the 60 second pause.

Thanks for your this excellent addition to Puppy.


hello Terry

It seems not to find /lib/modules.

with respect to firefox.
if pulseaudio is working on root, I did not realize that it does not work in spot .
I will continue with the tests.
and if you get results to solve it, it will be very helpful.

tranks Terry

_________________
Shiba Inu | Pupjibaro jessie | My Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1565

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 20:27    Post subject:  Re: Dpup Buster K3.18.138  

darry19662018 wrote:
Have this booting on my machine would like to see how it goes on others.

Basically the beautiful dpup buster 7.9.0.2 with kernel kernel 3.18.138 it has a basic save file to make it boot this kernel and contains the original kernel files if you wish to roll back to the series 4 kernel. I would like to know how this will boot on other machines. this method is the only one using the remaster process that would keep my changes of the new kernel.

I have trimmed the iso down as a thin version so there is no cups a useful buiding block for old machines that find series 4 kernels to be too demanding.
https://archive.org/details/dpupbusterk3.18.138v1


As an aside I manually install iso's copying the contents to a folder and edit grub4dos accordingly.

Hi darry19662018,

It's working quite smoothly for me on my 2008 netbook, and looks nice. The first thing I noticed in this dpup was that the bottom tray has no Volume icon, and that the Chat icon on the top panel leads to no where (but I only mention those because they're the first thing I looked for). The wifi worked and this message is posted from SeaMonkey 2.46, which was included in your iso. Smile
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   79.54 KB
 Viewed   1289 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sszindian


Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Posts: 799
Location: Pennsylvania U.S.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul 2019, 22:23    Post subject: DPupBuster-7.9.0.2  

@ darry19662018 (who wanted to know?)

dpup buster 7.9.0.2 with kernel kernel 3.18.138 will not run on a-

Computer Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
Product Name: HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor - dual core
Version:
Serial Number: 2UA90507K5
UUID: 390fc7c2-45ee-dd11-bbda-7d50f98e0023
RAM: 4 mg

Tried both 32 & 64 bit.

NOTE: This computer will only boot a Linux OS with a kernel up to and including 4.12 kernel.

>>>---Indian------>

_________________
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
darry19662018

Joined: 31 Mar 2018
Posts: 644
Location: Rakaia

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul 2019, 03:53    Post subject:  

Ok thanks guys for the feedback.
_________________
Puppy Linux Wiki: http://wikka.puppylinux.com/HomePage

https://freemedia.neocities.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 14 of 15 [225 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0748s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0217s) ][ GZIP on ]