EasyOS French build

BarryK
Puppy Master

EasyOS French build

#1 Post by BarryK »

Hi guys,
Just to let you know, in case anyone is interested.

There is a French build of EasyOS, ready-to-go. See blog announcement:

http://bkhome.org/news/201901/easyos-09 ... build.html

My intention is that there will be a French build for every future release, however, that will only be if there is interest in such a beastie.

The forum thread I monitor for EasyOS is here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 11#1015211

Google translation:

Juste pour vous faire savoir, au cas où quelqu'un serait intéressé.

Il existe une version française d’EasyOS, prête à l’emploi. Voir l'annonce du blog:

http://bkhome.org/news/201901/easyos-09 ... build.html

Mon intention est qu’il y ait une version française pour chaque nouvelle version, mais cela ne le sera que s’il ya un intérêt pour une telle bête.

Le fil de discussion que je surveille pour EasyOS est ici:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 11#1015211
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

Argolance

#2 Post by Argolance »

Hello Barry,
Thank you! :D
I have already taken a personal interest in EasyOS that I downloaded/burnt to a DVD but didn't succeed in making it run on my MSI laptop... It's been a while now and obviously slowed down my enthusiasm.
I wouldn't have been against doing some translations (occasionally), but it seems that there are already "people" on the job! :wink:

Cheers.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Argolance wrote:Hello Barry,
Thank you! :D
I have already taken a personal interest in EasyOS that I downloaded/burnt to a DVD but didn't succeed in making it run on my MSI laptop... It's been a while now and obviously slowed down my enthusiasm.
I wouldn't have been against doing some translations (occasionally), but it seems that there are already "people" on the job! :wink:

Cheers.
@Argolance,
Thanks for your interest.

There live-CD is English only. The language-specific builds are image files, to be written to a USB stick.

Note, last night I figured out how to get SeaMonkey automatically translated, so the User Interface will be the correct language. Coming in next build.

Regarding "others" already working on French translations (apart from Google), maybe, I don't know. On the EasyOS thread, Gyle, musher0 and belham2 got into a fight, and have now disappeared.

I am very puzzled about it. musher0 objected to Gyle doing a translation, said he was asked first, to which I responded:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 75#1014575

...followed by quite bitter complaints from Gyle and belham2.

There must be some history that is causing these guys to be so aggressive.

I have had plenty of communications with musher0 in the past, always found him to be a pleasant fellow.

Anyway you guys, whatever the aggravation is, move on. I know how emotions can get wound up, I have been in that situation myself. I welcome anyone of you to be involved in fr translating!

It is quite exciting to have a build of EasyOS totally translated to French, nothing to do.

There are bits of English all over the place, due to having used an old frl langpack PET, but that can be fixed.

Keyboard layout in X is one area that could be improved, maybe have some simple French-keyboard-specific choices in QuickSetup.

Argolance

#4 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour Barry,
I have been working hard during some years (when I was trying to "maintain" ToOpPy) on the way to manage languages by creating a welcome screen letting user choose his language, 2 little applications to help translators in their work but unfortunately, at this time, no one seemed interested in this work, which may indeed have had no interest (my lines of code, as I have already said, work but are those of a small amateur) and/or went completely unnoticed.

Today, time has passed. I have obligations that do not allow me to "devote" so much time to Puppy and especially with so much enthusiasm: just a kind look at this little wonder that is the Puppy OS that I use daily, recommended to many friends and a little help here and there when it is possible.

Cordialement.

did18

#5 Post by did18 »

Hello

It is also possible to create the EasyOS key directly by this method....

1) - Download easy-1.0-en-amd64.img.gz (click on me)...
2) - Download and install gambas3.xxx.sfs on your PC (click on me)...
3) - Download and install img2key.sfs on your PC (click on me)...
4) - Run img2key...
5) -[Click] &[Drag] the file easy-1.0-en-amd64.img.gz in the field " Drag here the path of the image... "of img2key

Wait for the copy to be made....
Then restart the PC on the key that has just been created.

When you return to the original environment, you will have the opportunity to uninstall gambas3 and Img2key to return to the original state....

Have a good day.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Argolance

#6 Post by Argolance »

:arrow: Voir ce message
Nos esprits se sont croisés, eh eh... :wink:

did18

#7 Post by did18 »

Bonjour

Argolance ;-) J'avais déjà remarqué lors de la création de clef "ToOpPy" que quelques fois celles-ci ne démarraient pas correctement.
Ce phénomène se produis également avec EasyOS, remarque 1 ToOpPy n'est donc pas en cause.
Il semble donc que ce soit la clef (ou ses constituants) qui influent sur le bon démarrage de l'environnement.
A titre d'exemple, regarde les résultats de 3 clefs de marques et tailles différentes.
Je pense que les temps d'accès en lecture du "cache" et lecture du "buffer" est important, mais impossible de déterminer à partir de quel minima le système devient instable (et finit par planter).

Une idée sur l'origine du problème ?

Dans EasyOS, je n'ai pas trouvé le chargeur de ".sfs" comme par exemple sfs-loader ou autre, est-ce que quelqu'un sait ou il est caché ?

Bonne journée.
Attachments
clef1.png
Philips 16Go
(33.42 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
clef2.png
Ryval 16Go
(33.05 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
clef3.png
GoodRAM 32Go
(32.58 KiB) Downloaded 451 times

fabrice_035

#8 Post by fabrice_035 »

Hey salut,

C'est une bonne idée de franciser EasyOS (l'O.S Facile)

Oups, avant toute chose mes respects à Maitre Barry :oops:

Je remarque que l'horloge n'est pas dans la barre de taches et les autres indicateurs habituels, c'est moi qui bug ?

Je constate que l'applicatif "apps" qui m'a donné espoir de récupérer Firefox ne le permet pas mais ouvre une page web avec une petite erreur "Page de départ d'Esay OS'"

[url]file:///usr/share/doc/easy/home_fr.htm[/url]

Bonne continuation.
Bionicpup64-8.0 _ Kernel 5.4.27-64oz _ Asus Rog GL752

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

Just to let everyone know, Puppy Forum member esmourguit is translating everything and has submitted a new fr langpack.

He has also fixed a couple of scripts.

His langpack will be in the next fr release of EasyOS. Maybe a week away... right now, I am into getting EasyOS running on the Rock64 board.

--------
Pour que tout le monde sache, esmourguit, membre du Puppy Forum, est en train de tout traduire et a soumis un nouveau paquet fr langpack.

Il a également corrigé quelques scripts.

Sa langue sera dans la prochaine version d'EasyOS. Peut-être que dans une semaine ... je suis maintenant en train de faire fonctionner EasyOS sur le tableau Rock64.

Argolance

#10 Post by Argolance »

Bonsoir,
@did18r
Une idée sur l'origine du problème ?
Absolument aucune.
Voir ma réponse sur le fil de :arrow: Img2Key.
Dans EasyOS, je n'ai pas trouvé le chargeur de ".sfs" comme par exemple sfs-loader ou autre, est-ce que quelqu'un sait ou il est caché
En fait EasyOS est une base sur laquelle il est possible de "broder" comme ça a été le cas jusqu'à la 5.7.3, car les nouvelles Puppies n'ont pas ce caractère brut de décoffrage: elles sont déjà habillées en dimanche et super maquillées, ce qui rend leur exploitation pour en faire des dérivées personnalisées quasi impossible. Et puis, hormis le "wallpaper", elle se ressemblent toutes...

@fabrice_035
file:///usr/share/doc/easy/home_fr.htm
Ce lien pointe vers un fichier interne à Easy...

@BarryK
Just to let everyone know, Puppy Forum member esmourguit is translating everything and has submitted a new fr langpack.
Great news! :D

Cordialement.
Last edited by Argolance on Wed 30 Jan 2019, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

oui

#11 Post by oui »

Thank you Mr. Kauler and thank you Mr. Esmourguit!
Great new really.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#12 Post by BarryK »

oui wrote:Thank you Mr. Kauler and thank you Mr. Esmourguit!
Great new really.
esmourguit joined the Puppy Forum in 2006, and was the main guy who created the fr langpack for Puppy Linux.

These days he is not so involved, and spends much of his time on the French canals.

However, he has very kindly got involved again, with updating the fr langpack. Although he is doing it for EasyOS, it could easily be adapted for Puppy Linux. Just a few different apps and scripts and some document files.