Make a .pet equivalent to a .delta for system updates

Miscellaneous tools
oui

#16 Post by oui »

tallboy wrote:perdido, great work! :D
ii agree, thank you very much!

tallboy

#17 Post by tallboy »

perdido wrote:As peebee alluded in one of his replies, it is unchartered territory
I'll report back as soon as I have played around with it.
One additional problem is that the woof-CE versions of functions4puppy and savesessionDVD are modified to not accept CDs. :(
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

perdido

#18 Post by perdido »

tallboy wrote:
perdido wrote:As peebee alluded in one of his replies, it is unchartered territory
I'll report back as soon as I have played around with it.
One additional problem is that the woof-CE versions of functions4puppy and savesessionDVD are modified to not accept CDs. :(
You might want to report that in thebugs forum.
Looks like a bug due to not being tested more than it being a deliberate change.

jrb

#19 Post by jrb »

I took the liberty of adding some script to the beginning and end of iso_delta2pet_v1.tar.gz and converting it to a .pet. You can right click on a .delta file and as long as the .delta and matching .iso are in the same directory it will produce a .pet in the same directory.
Attachments
iso_delta2pet-1.2.pet
Right click on .delta to create .pet
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

peebee

#20 Post by peebee »

jrb wrote:I took the liberty of adding some script to the beginning and end of iso_delta2pet_v1.tar.gz and converting it to a .pet. You can right click on a .delta file and as long as the .delta and matching .iso are in the same directory it will produce a .pet in the same directory.
Thanks @JRB - added to post #1
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

jrb

#21 Post by jrb »

peebee wrote:Thanks @JRB - added to post #1
Your very welcome peebee, but I have made some minor corrections, one suggested by @perdido to correct some error messages and one to remove some of my redundant script. Doesn't work any better than 1.2 but its cleaner. Here is version 1.3 tested in BionicPup32 and Precise-light.
Attachments
iso_delta2pet-1.3.pet
Right click on .delta to create .pet
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 202 times