Seamonkey won't let me log into Gmail. (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
jeffneedle

Seamonkey won't let me log into Gmail. (Solved)

#1 Post by jeffneedle »

Using Tahr 6.0.6, fresh install. Using quickpet, I installed Seamonkey. It seemed to go just fine, until I tried signing in to my gmail account. It displays a box asking for credentials. My email address is there, I click Next, but nothing happens. I'm wanting to enter my password, but I can't advance past the first screen. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thanks.
Last edited by jeffneedle on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

You can try the latest seamonkey 2.49.4:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 90#1004190

If I well remember it requires gtk+3. Intall it by PPM.

ozsouth

#3 Post by ozsouth »

Agree with watchdog, but if you have Seamonkey2.49.4 & gtk3 installed already, check that javascript is enabled.
As the default it should be (see Edit/Prefs/Advanced/Scripts).

nic007

#4 Post by nic007 »

Delete your cookies first, perhaps that may help. I'm using Seamonkey 2.48 with Tahr 605, no problems. This is the last version that does not require GTK 3, I think.

watchdog

#5 Post by watchdog »

I had problem accessing gmail with old puppies. Go to:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

and enable less secure apps. Could be this the problem?

jeffneedle

#6 Post by jeffneedle »

Installed 2.49.4, problem fixed. Thanks, as always.

Mike Walsh

#7 Post by Mike Walsh »

Thunderbird went through a spell of not being able to sign-in to GMail accounts a while back. When trying to set up access to a GMail a/c, Thunderbird pops-up a window for you to enter your GMail credentials.

You were able to enter your a/c name, but trying to advance to the next screen for your password was a complete waste of time; it was 'dead', and completely unresponsive. Thankfully, whatever it was on Google's (or Mozilla's) servers that was causing this 'logjam' seems to have been sorted out several months ago....

At the time, I realised that the easiest way around it, especially with running multiple Puppies, was to move a known, working Thunderbird profile to a remote, 'common' location, then sym-link it back into each Puppy at the appropriate location in /root. It doesn't matter what version of T-Bird you use, from as far back as T-Bird 15 to as recent as T-Bird 60.....for me, at least, they all seem to be happy, using an identical profile.

Mike. :wink: