Pidgin 2.13.0 + Discord plugin

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Makoto

Pidgin 2.13.0 + Discord plugin

#1 Post by Makoto »

Does anyone have a build of Pidgin 2.13.0 and the Discord plugin that will work under Precise?

I've been trying to compile it myself, but since I wanted to try adding the most recent versions of gnutls, etc., I've been stuck on trying to get gnutls to compile. :oops:
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Actually, since I'm experimenting with XenialPup 64, now, does anyone have a version of Pidgin plus the Discord plugin compiled for 64-bit Puppies? :oops:

I've been trying to get the actual Discord client to work, but it just gives me the gray-screen error and seems to loop eternally behind the scenes with the same 'errors.'
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Makoto:-

TBH, on the rare occasions I use Discord I find it's simpler to use the web-client. I, too, tried installing the AppImage version of the Discord desktop client; nowt but errors, and no 'joy'.

It's one of those that just doesn't want to work with Puppy, I'm afraid.

Mike. :wink:

Makoto

#4 Post by Makoto »

Mike Walsh wrote:@ Makoto:-

TBH, on the rare occasions I use Discord I find it's simpler to use the web-client. I, too, tried installing the AppImage version of the Discord desktop client; nowt but errors, and no 'joy'.

It's one of those that just doesn't want to work with Puppy, I'm afraid.

Mike. :wink:
Well, given that the gray-screen error seems to be common among most of the platform versions (haven't seen it yet on the version installed on my phone... :roll: ), and assuming they had 32-bit versions of the clients before forcing everything to 64-bit... does anyone know if they had these problems before the cutoff?