1000 SFS Modules !!!

News, happenings
nic007

#16 Post by nic007 »

Put it in a small carton box. The further benefit of sending it on a pendrive is that it can be returned to you for further use. A flashcard is another option but may be a bit more expensive.

mikeb

#17 Post by mikeb »

put in a larger cardboard box and add a a small clock and some wires...that should disguise the contents effectively even through Xrays

mike

nic007

#18 Post by nic007 »

mikeb wrote:put in a larger cardboard box and add a a small clock and some wires...that should disguise the contents effectively even through Xrays

mike
I was just getting excited about your larger cardboard box thinking whiskey but.... :shock:

belham2

#19 Post by belham2 »

mikeb wrote:put in a larger cardboard box and add a a small clock and some wires...that should disguise the contents effectively even through Xrays

mike

LOL!

I bet some man currently in Washington, D.C. would approve of that message.

ITSMERSH

#20 Post by ITSMERSH »

:lol:

I think this all would make the package much more expensive than to just send the DVDs.

However, the first day I can start burning DVDs or copying to USB flash is in the beginning of December. But, since there's Christmas it could be January as well.

Though, keep it in mind! :D

mikeb

#21 Post by mikeb »

I use our library or a local cafe for transferring large files now.
Could that be an option?

mike

ITSMERSH

#22 Post by ITSMERSH »

I don't know of any library offering free web for uploads / downloads in my home town...

How long would you need to visit the library to upload 25 GB?

mikeb

#23 Post by mikeb »

hmmm... a good provider would do it maybe in an hour ....

we have a bar here lets you drink coffee all day for £1.25 and has free wifi... just though somewhere might be useful. The library here has free wifi.

Not suggesting you take a holiday to the uk for the task though :shock:

mike

ITSMERSH

#24 Post by ITSMERSH »

Ok,

via my prepaid USB modem this would take several hours and would make me needed to split this into a few days.

I will check the local library. They moved to a new territory, so it's not far away from my home.

greengeek

#25 Post by greengeek »

ITSMERSH wrote:Do you mean sending DVDs via analog mail?
Ha, that's funny! Never heard it called analog mail. Perfect! :-)

bigpup

#26 Post by bigpup »

ITSMERSH,

I think you said you are located in Kassel, Germany.
This web site gives you a map of free WIFI locations.
https://wifispc.com/germany/land-hessen/kassel.html

From a search of the libraries in the area.
Using WiFi at the library. Free wireless Internet access is available at all library locations. The library is pleased to offer this service to all visitors and cardholders. There are no data usage or time limits on the library's WiFi.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

ITSMERSH

#27 Post by ITSMERSH »

Thanks bigpup.

Yes, I'm located in Kassel, Germany.

Though, I don't have a Laptop Computer and no Smartphone. So I would need a place where there's also access to a computer. My local library (which moved to a new location lately) seems to have three or four computers in their room (I could see them through the windows), but need to find out how about the use and probably cost for a use (next week).

mikeb

#28 Post by mikeb »

If I use the libraries computers as I am now I have a memory stick with Light or Seamonkey portable on it so I have all my bookmarks and a friendly browser.

I have a broadband dongle so for anything bandwidth heavy I take my stick and walk.

mike