stretchDog

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ralcocer

stretchDog

#1 Post by ralcocer »

I just installed Stretchdog for the first time, I did a frugal install, everything seems to work but when I try to install any .deb or .xzm modules the .xzm seems like they installed with no erros but the programs are nowhere to be found , synaptic gives me an error thet it cannot find the repositories , and triying to install a .deb also tells me that it cannot find dependencies.

Is switched from Porteus because their ver-4 will not read all my RAM and continualy crashes. I dont have that problem now except for the problems I just mentioned.

Thanks in advace for ahy help.

Rafael Alcocer

foxpup

#2 Post by foxpup »

Welcome to Puppy!

Try installing with the Puppy Package Manager.
First let it update. And let it search for dependencies.
EDIT: This is for proper Puppy. Could be wrong for Dog.

When installed, and you still cannot start from the menu, try to find the binary and start from console to get info on errors.
Check the .desktop, if there is any, in /usr/share/applications/ to see where the program is supposed to be. Or search it with pfind.

What do you want to install? Do a search on the forum (with google); someone may offer a package for it that is better suited for Puppy or Dog.

Moat

#3 Post by Moat »

Hi ralcocer -

Since StretchDog is not a Puppy derivative, your thread here is actually in the wrong sub-forum - it should really be in "Puppy Projects" - preferably in the specific StretchDog thread, here -

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=111789

That way, people most familiar with StretchDog (especially StretchDog's creator, fredx181) will more likely see your post and be able to help.

Sorry, I can't help much with your particular problem - although I recall the repository links changed after Debian Stretch went stable - so your Synaptic error might be related to that (pointing to old repos). You can Google search around and probably find the new links to the proper repos.

Bob