Getting Screenrecorder to Actually record sound from Web

Using applications, configuring, problems
mikeslr

Getting Screenrecorder to Actually record sound from Web

#1 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

The question is about getting proper settings. I posted full details here, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 40#1009040 thinking that keeping all information about SimpleScreenRecorder in one place would be a good idea. Didn't notice the Title had been marked solved.

I still think that posts to that thread concerning my problem would be more helpful to others than starting another thread. But help here or there would be appreciated.

Mike Walsh

#2 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Mike:-

See my post immediately following your one in that other thread. It may help, it may not.....it may be nothing to do with it at all!

See what you think.

EDIT:- I have a nasty feeling that the only way you'll fix this one revolves around Puppy not using PulseAudio. Some kind of horrendous 'mish-mash' involving Apulse (quite possibly with self-contained libs along with a specific library path), pavucontrol and all the rest of the bastardised excuse for a software volume renderer that modern Linux uses.

What the hell was wrong with ALSA? Simple, lightweight, easy to configure; PulseAudio merely adds another layer of complication, for which Puppy then has to use a third abstraction layer - Apulse! - to direct everything back to the first one again....

What a bloody nightmare, eh?
Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When once we practise to deceive...
...or summat like that; I forget the original. School was many, many moons ago!

It's something of a minor miracle sound works at all in Puppy, TBH....

T'other Mike. :wink: