Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Jun 2019, 03:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Why is this file in my Google Drive?
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
ITSMERSH

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2018, 19:05    Post subject:  Why is this file in my Google Drive?
Subject description: Never used it, never uploaded anything, but my Studio2Go.iso is sitting there!

Ok.

I was wondering if I'm also adopted to Google Drive - could answer this to myself meanwhile.

Just checked the Google apps button top right and it seems I have access to Google Drive to upload Files etc.pp.

Since I didn't upload anything so far, I'm a little confused about that 590.5 MB used already. Shocked Confused

So, right now I found out how to check that 590.5 MB and to my surprise it is the Studio2Go.iso release 01 from 2018-06-18! Shocked Surprised

This version was uploaded by me using a link provided by Ally via PM. So how can this Studio2Go.iso appear in my Google Drive space? Confused Confused Confused

Beware of the Dog ähem nic007! Wink
p310don

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2018, 19:19    Post subject:  

Did Ally send you the link via a google link, or an email link? Google drive stores your big stuff, and your gmail emails & attachments.
ITSMERSH

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2018, 19:38    Post subject:  

He had sent a link by forum PM.

I clicked that link and dropped the .iso into the related frame in a new opened browser window.

That was just all.

I thought it was a link to Ally's Google Drive storage. Obviously not. Obviously it was a link to my Google Drive storage of which I didn't know to have some at these days in June 2018.

p310don

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov 2018, 23:10    Post subject:  

From memory, there are two options when someone shares something from their google drive, save to yours and save to your PC.

You must have clicked to save to yours inadvertently, OR it does both automatically when you save it to your PC
ITSMERSH

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov 2018, 07:47    Post subject:  

No, Ally did NOT share anything with me from Ally's Google Drive. I did not click any save buttons. It was a link to upload, not to download. I just dropped the .iso and it uploaded to Google Drive.

Since I didn't know about being adopted to Google Drive, how could Ally know that?

And how cold Ally know the link for uploads to my Google Drive?

Doesn't this mean anyone could share a link to upload to my Google Drive storage?

This is really confusing!

rockedge

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:49    Post subject:  

Quote:
Everything uploaded to a shared google drive folder is being automatically created in my drive when ownership is transferred

is this similar to your experience?

here is the link to the discussion.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/drive/ooqDKKvEAwA

do you use google mail? if you have an account you have a google drive space. This upload to Ally's shared google drive folder and the transfer of a copy of the ISO file to your drive space must be involved with a file ownership setting. As described in the forum discussion. How exactly the ownership of th ISO was marked and how Google would know the file ownership after the fact if you were not logged into a google account when you uploaded, I don't know yet.

But I think this is something similar to what you are experiencing
ITSMERSH

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov 2018, 12:38    Post subject:  

Usually I don't log out when leaving Youtube. So, yes I maybe logged into Youtube when uploading that .iso file. So ownership may be transferred also and uploaded/copied the .iso file into my space.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: