Xenialpup64 7.0.8.6 "just no ballast" Ed. Eng/Hun '18 Nov.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
csipesz

Xenialpup64 7.0.8.6 "just no ballast" Ed. Eng/Hun '18 Nov.

#1 Post by csipesz »

Szervusztok. Készítettem egy Xenialpup64 7.0.8.6 változatot.
Tettem bele:
Hello. I made a Xenialpup64 7.0.8.6 version. I put in:
openbox/lxpanel combo, bleachbit, quickpet, takeashot, cheese, tvtime, baka mplayer, pupradio, fbreader, pwidgets, xvkbd, wine.
Hogy CD-méreten belül maradhassak, sajnos rengeteg beépített cuccot ki kellett dobjak belőle - ezért lett a neve "csak semmi ballaszt" kiadás...
To have a CD-size, unfortunately a lot of built-in stuff had to be discarded - so its name is "just no ballast" edition.
A cd mérete 699 Mb.
The size of the cd 699 Mb.
Letölthető innen:
Can be downloaded from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p7uPD0 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Xenialpup64_7.0.8.6NoBallastEditionScreenshot.jpg
(53.94 KiB) Downloaded 1072 times
Last edited by csipesz on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 10:49, edited 3 times in total.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

csipesz

#3 Post by csipesz »

Bocsáss meg, kedves ally, de máris muszáj volt javítanom az anyagon - egy wine hiba miatt. A beállítások-ban nem működött a "meghajtó hozzáadása" funkció... most már rendben van. A tegnap feltöltött anyagomat lecseréltem tökéletesebbre. Sajnálom.
Forgive me, dear ally, and already I had to fix on the material - it's a wine error. In the wine settings, didn't work the "drive add" function... It's all right now. The last uploaded stuff to replace it. I'm sorry.

ally

#4 Post by ally »

no problem!

re-uploaded

:)

csipesz

#5 Post by csipesz »

I made another, no wine version; maybe not everyone loves wine - maybe more like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17oD_X- ... sp=sharing
Attachments
NoWineVersion.jpg
(48.32 KiB) Downloaded 945 times

ally

#6 Post by ally »

mirrored

:)

csipesz

#7 Post by csipesz »

thank you mr. ally :)

musher0

#8 Post by musher0 »

Hello csipesz.

Thank you for this.

I'll have a look at your no-wine edition later.
(I have reached my monthly download limit.)

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

HiDeHo

#9 Post by HiDeHo »

Hi i noticed that there is no zdrive file for XenialPup64 7.0.8.6
is this file meant to be missing here.
if you removed the Zdrive to remove the excess apps ad setup. can i add the zdrive from the puppy version you used to build your puppy version or could you upload it as an extra we can install if we want. that would help thanks.

HiDeHo

#10 Post by HiDeHo »

Since initial testing of this puppy os I like many things you have done. here is what i have found.
1. Urgent Fix: You have decided to use frizbee Internet and you have remove the Network Connection Wizard. in all my using of Frizbee when it came out in puppy, on many different networks it never allows anyone to connect to wifi it always says wrong shared network password for any wifi network. this is not ideal for anyone. you need to asap fix this by installing the Network Connection Wizard or make it available as an extra.
2. Urgent Fix": You have removed Hexchat again this is a necessary application to connect users to irc network and the puppylinux community chat.
3. Annoying: Your wine setup is most annoying. it would actually help to have a new menu called Wine with all the wine gui apps in it. this was done in older version of puppy I used, both in JWM and XFCE, and helped to find all the wine stuff quickly and easily. There are 2 wine gui versions in the ubuntu repos. playonlinux and q4wine did you install one of these as i cant find it in the menu either.
4. I like the use of the XFCE desktop I am just getting used to it again as have not used XFCE with puppy for some time so its hard to find where some things are.
5. Where are the xfce desktop settings. I remember there should be a settings app that allows me to access all the xfce setup as often using the puppy JWM settings which are still showing don't work.
(4a, 5a. After some searching did you in fact use LXDE and not XFCE. if so please change XFCE to LXDE in question 4 and 5 above though i have not used LXDE in puppy).
6. Weird i also noticed you removed all the ubuntu repositories from PPM so we can no longer download apps from ubuntu. XenialPup and XenialPUP64 are both ubuntu based puppy linux os. with the ability to install ubuntu apps directly. Why is this. are you planning to start making a proper puppy only repository for this new XenialPup64_7.0.8.6 os. meaning you will be making all apps into .pet or .sfs like the original puppy os were designed to do. If so I am all for this idea.
7. I want to make use of wine and i tried to install several version found in the ubuntu repos from PPM in XenialPUP64_7.0.8.5 os i have. wine failed every time. how did you do it i will never know your a genius.
8. When running the cups printer wizard the initial cups window comes up clicking on the big button "Manage Printers and Printing Tasks" it runs the cheese webcam app. it should open a browser with the cups interface to add and manage printers. this is weird as but it is happening. (i can still access the cups web interface by going to http://localhost:631/ in a web browser).
9. I have installed the linux drivers for my printer, a Brother DCP-7055, they are showing as installed by PPM but they don't show in the list of drivers when adding the driver in cups. This worked perfectly in XenialPUP64_7.0.8.5.

I am beginning to think you may have accidentally removed some key system stuff from the os when trying to make you version of XenialPUP64 smaller. for now i think i will go back to the previous puppy XenialPUP64_7.0.8.5 and keep your XenialPUP64_7.0.8.6 as a testing version. if these bugs are fixed then I would consider using you build as my main puppy os in the future.

These are some of the things i have found after the first initial use of this puppy. I hope they can help you to make updates and improvements with this build. I will reply here with any more things I find as I need thanks.[/b]

HiDeHo

#11 Post by HiDeHo »

Hi again after my last post detailing things i found that could be improved or bugs needing fixing. i want to ask you.
1. Where did you get the xenialPUP quickpet app from.
2. How did you install a working wine in this version of puppy there were 2 different version numbers in the ubuntu repos in XenialPUP64_7.0.8.5 all of them would not work and create menu entries.

I would like to get them set up on the previous XenialPUP64_7.0.8.5 I have set up here. thanks.

csipesz

#12 Post by csipesz »

Hi, dear HiDeHo! I read your comments - I have a lot of other engagement, and pretty badly I know English - so please patience, wait a little bit. But I think the wine problem whatever row you have I can help: the secret to the startup folder is in the "ldconfig" command-file - this is probably what you need for a working wine...