A plea to Flash, Murga-Moderator

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
belham2

A plea to Flash, Murga-Moderator

#1 Post by belham2 »

Flash,

Is there any way a thread can be pinned to this section where it specifically tells people to post their questions/discussions/problems about an OS into the respective thread for that OS?

For example, this "PappyPuppy" poster----who has been repeatedly asked in the past to stop this behaviour of continually posting individual threads about his problems and NOT posting them in the respective OS's thread, yet he/she ignores it and keeps on repeating this arrogant behavior. He/she knows what he is doing, as his mastery of English is obvious.

It is making this "Puppy Derivative" section a nightmare. This Pappypuppy has created nearly 50 threads over the past 12 months, and it/they push all the threads down (or off the page) of people who work hard & and create OSes----where nearly all of us respect the rules & post in that OS's section when we have problems/comments/praise/etc.

PLEASE---step in and do something before this section becomes a mockery. I've gotta scroll thru 4-5 pages just to find OSes that were made only 2-3 years ago---in the meantime there's 50 individual threads from this pappypuppy, not to mention others who (seeing this behavior) come on murga and think what this person is doing is normal.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

My powers are limited. First, I can't keep up with every thread. I usually leave the ones in this section alone because they rarely need my attention. Second, in the case of Pappy, if he won't respond to entreaties, about all I can do is ban him. One of the things I've noticed about him is that he seems not to pay attention to replies to the threads he starts. He just keeps posting new thoughts as they occur to him.
I'll send him a PM and clean out his most useless threads.