maNy puppy ISO/s which bootable usb program best?Yapi only

Using applications, configuring, problems
kiramm
Location: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 393#988393

maNy puppy ISO/s which bootable usb program best?Yapi only

#1 Post by kiramm »

they all dont go with yapi

which program pet or in windows is best to use_?
lookig verrry forward for any answer

ITSMERSH

#2 Post by ITSMERSH »

Are you talking about frugal installation?

Do you have at least one Puppy working/running/booting so, you can use it?

If so, why don't you just install all those other Puppies manually?

It's really not that hard to do!

kiramm

#3 Post by kiramm »

why always so complicate

such
is there no win aplication which gets every puppy in usb and such a pet_?

call for puppy universall rufus instaler

puppies rufen ....

ITSMERSH

#4 Post by ITSMERSH »

Manually install of Puppy is NOT complicated if you are already running at least one Puppy!

I do it that way exclusively, so I can't give any help on any Puppy installer...

kiramm

#5 Post by kiramm »

thank u for clear german answer
i got more such discret indications

isos of 1000 and 1 pups are seems not cheked if they work for normal win user rufus installer world_?

puppy ISOS seems ar e produced only for linux msdOS profesionals +?

for normal user they produce OFTEN? JUST just big SOS ...............?

SAVE OUR puppySOUL....

very saddddd

great puppy gods

listen the voice of silly unworth win worms give us our daily win instaler puppy iSOS

we 98proceent of world are longing to come to ur puppy heaven of eternal pc life and
fastest PC webbrowsing photo album and maybe more in your safeinstal paradies DOUBLEBOOT BYPASS system

mikeslr

#6 Post by mikeslr »

Hi kiramm,

Like ITSMERSH, having a running Puppy [actually, several] I haven't had any reason to use any program which would install Puppy via Windows, and probably wouldn't use one as they won't partition the USB-Stick the way I want. From any running Puppy, I just do the following [details excluded]:

a. Optional: Use gparted to partition and format the USB-stick.
b. create one or more named folders on the stick.
c. Mount the ISOs of one or more Puppies.
d. Copy the necessary files [from the windows into the ISOs] into the named folders.
e. Unmount the ISOs.
f. Unmount the USB-Stick.
g. Run grub4dos installing it to the USB-Stick.

That said, back in the day when I was dependent on Windows, I used Linux Live USB Creator. However, if I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been updated to work with computers that use the UEFI boot mechanism.

There have been posts that rufus can handle such computers and works well.

I think you are already familiar with LICK, Puppy's home-grown installer. And you've probably already heard of Unetbootin of which there is a Windows version. Googling will reveal some others.

I don't know if rufus, Lick or Unetbootin or any of the others will function under every version of Windows, on every computer and with every version of Puppy. Do have any specific version of the bolded terms in mind?

kiramm

#7 Post by kiramm »

i tried many winusb remeber rufus universal unetbotin and also linux life creator ..littile slow ...in last mounths

i dont think all and also not all interesting puppies like slako x
run
i think
i wrote that proleblem in x slacko thread because that time i had a
newest laptop where i tried all possible linux ubuntu mint deb etc with usb live iso wubi unofficial
dogs pups

very interesting how slow steps dance cd with ubuntu mint
dogs quite fast
puppy bbest
>>>>>>>i got shoked that a puppy iso which runs as dvd not run on usb
with winistaler

i dont know but doubt if rufus manage all actual puppies
but i am surprised that the developers of puppies who spent so many hours not chec this and not
write which rufus instaler ruft call their puppies to life

becaus so is all production of puppies sensless
if they need

grub4dos club mebers only for grub4dos mebers

0.000001 promile worldwide potential puppy user in best optimisticase !!

iso in my win normal eyes is iso something like sure instal like pdf is pdf

but in linux seems is everything lottery

grub4dosg

doesn t sounds inviting

normal user is not linux administrator

like normal car driver is not auto mechaniker

puppy linux is presented in internet as

not as grub4dos ....sounds for normal user occult hd miner insider society

but seems puppy basic usb install because today lapttops no dvd slots..
is only for grub4dos pupilluminati ....
it s over the easy puppy foreverybody
very saddddd

and i feel the puppy society want s to stay
club only for members of grub4dos

verrry sad

maybe time to change_?and invest little time that every body knows

which rufus is to download to get in touch with fresh downloaded puppy iso

i hope i was to understand

grub4dos mange 0.000001 promile worldwide potential puppy user in best optimisticase

is already rox a terrible thing hehehe

we live in 2010+ not anymore passed millenium in cd/slot time 1990_first stable win ;*? of later win2000 jwm ;)

time nostalgy for green scrren apple2 and aple pascal and nrline basic programing there?;)

thank u for answeringg

i will try this steps
but need very fresh brain for thatt

till now seems yapi somehow to make the job

not same like dvd ....

ps

i had feeling that uefipupps need also bluescreen hamering off of all possible

plus switch off of red hibernate in windows settig extra!
blue hammering was not enough!

but
press ueffi blue choice was never a good idea at reboot

maybe also here linux win8 10 pc brand lotterie ?

i thought ueffi makes less blue hammering
havent experienced that on win 8 10
but uefficomfort are probably only WINdylinuxlies??
Attachments
ever green screen time nostalgy .jpg
(65.02 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

nic007

#8 Post by nic007 »

mikeslr wrote:Hi kiramm,

Like ITSMERSH, having a running Puppy [actually, several] I haven't had any reason to use any program which would install Puppy via Windows, and probably wouldn't use one as they won't partition the USB-Stick the way I want. From any running Puppy, I just do the following [details excluded]:

a. Optional: Use gparted to partition and format the USB-stick.
b. create one or more named folders on the stick.
c. Mount the ISOs of one or more Puppies.
d. Copy the necessary files [from the windows into the ISOs] into the named folders.
e. Unmount the ISOs.
f. Unmount the USB-Stick.
g. Run grub4dos installing it to the USB-Stick.

That said, back in the day when I was dependent on Windows, I used Linux Live USB Creator. However, if I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been updated to work with computers that use the UEFI boot mechanism.

There have been posts that rufus can handle such computers and works well.

I think you are already familiar with LICK, Puppy's home-grown installer. And you've probably already heard of Unetbootin of which there is a Windows version. Googling will reveal some others.

I don't know if rufus, Lick or Unetbootin or any of the others will function under every version of Windows, on every computer and with every version of Puppy. Do have any specific version of the bolded terms in mind?
He asked me questions about usb install per private mail. I gave him step-by-stem instrutions to do a manual frugal install using grub4dos like you did here. Now you see he does not like grub4dos, still complaining how difficult the situation is and talking about all other bootloaders which he can't get to work. He is just wasting your time and mine. I'm finished with him. Good luck.........

Mike Walsh

#9 Post by Mike Walsh »

Just to add my two-penn'orth here:-

Kiramm, your trouble is that you seem to want a solution where you just plug stuff in, bring up a program, press a few buttons, and.......it's all done for you.

Nothing (repeat nothing) is that simple. You want a multi-boot environment where you can carry bucket-loads of Puppies/Dogs/whatever around with you, you've got to put a wee bit of effort in. Even in Windoze-land, it's not quite that easy.

I can perhaps understand your frustration; you see all these folks talking here on the Forum about running 'x' numbers of Puppies/Dogs, etc, and you want to do the same. What you probably aren't aware of is the hours and hours (and hours!) of effort most of us have put in to get our set-ups just exactly how we want them!

The tools are there, on this side of 'the Fence'. You have to understand, however, that when mixing Windoze with Linux, there is always going to be friction. Which is why the more 'savvy' amongst us soon come to realise that the best solution is not to mix them.

Keep them on separate machines.....and as far away from each other as possible!

With computing, the old axiom is just as true as anywhere else. You get out of it exactly what you put in.......and you, my friend, don't seem to want to put the effort in.

We can only help with advice so far. Oh, and BTW; please learn to post better. Yours are almost impossible to fathom out.....and I'm quite certain that half the words you use simply don't exist. I know English isn't your first language, but.....you ramble, man!

Mike. :wink:

nic007

#10 Post by nic007 »

Mike Walsh wrote:Just to add my two-penn'orth here:-

Kiramm, your trouble is that you seem to want a solution where you just plug stuff in, bring up a program, press a few buttons, and.......it's all done for you.

Nothing (repeat nothing) is that simple. You want a multi-boot environment where you can carry bucket-loads of Puppies/Dogs/whatever around with you, you've got to put a wee bit of effort in. Even in Windoze-land, it's not quite that easy.

I can perhaps understand your frustration; you see all these folks talking here on the Forum about running 'x' numbers of Puppies/Dogs, etc, and you want to do the same. What you probably aren't aware of is the hours and hours (and hours!) of effort most of us have put in to get our set-ups just exactly how we want them!

The tools are there, on this side of 'the Fence'. You have to understand, however, that when mixing Windoze with Linux, there is always going to be friction. Which is why the more 'savvy' amongst us soon come to realise that the best solution is not to mix them.

Keep them on separate machines.....and as far away from each other as possible!

With computing, the old axiom is just as true as anywhere else. You get out of it exactly what you put in.......and you, my friend, don't seem to want to put the effort in.

We can only help with advice so far. Oh, and BTW; please learn to post better. Yours are almost impossible to fathom out.....and I'm quite certain that half the words you use simply don't exist. I know English isn't your first language, but.....you ramble, man!

Mike. :wink:
I didn't come to my conclusion lightly but after about 30 private messages from this fellow in about a week...well, even I have my limits.

kiramm

#11 Post by kiramm »

10 from u 6 from me is far not 30messages

again

incredible exagerations from this

to how easy is to install a puppy

i have had enough of multi boot

of many similar histrical puppies sensless...

i read puppy easy usb boot

thats not true

puppy easy lick or dvd boot

but not usb

but think u over clever people which u really are over this...

if fotograf produce a jpg image which shows up only on some his adapted museums pc

then he is called stupid

but if linux man / i am sure that there is almost no women which is able/

makes a iso image which not runs on common pc

than is called ....excelent job..... and all women or others

who cant get this iso image to boot on normal software devices pc

are called stupid

jpg is jpg pdf is pdf iso image is imagination occult fantasy? not a standard___:;?-

i know i am stupid

i love puppy win double boot

i am stupid because i belive that is best this
possible

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114482

25? oct finish internet
switch off

therefore me little in hurry

but seem it got ready unexpected

then is kiramm silence probably back

and all is again alright excellent in puppy land

whish u nice day

ps

....Keep them on separate machines.....and as far away from each other as possible!

i dont use /missuse/ puppy as a hotelloby pc

puppy is more is bbest win turbo adapter on cheaper laptops

but u live probably on expensive
and dont know needs ofcheap...

but u still love old style

like in ur green horn scree young days of tschernobil supergau

when teen supernurds hamered on green apple2

and richer supernurds ran around with cool bag
and showed not green screen aplleportable

hamering with it inteligent conversation like with human person
and showing all tech progölams
included for 3000 dollar

in sience olympics elite teen camps ....

we dont live any more in green ms win 2000 ....desktops....
Attachments
apple 2 portable Google Suche.png
(122.49 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Last edited by kiramm on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

nic007

#12 Post by nic007 »

You have sent 24 messages since 4 October. I have been and is still dual-booting Windows and 5 Puppys (I can add as many puppys as I like) for years. You were given an easy solution but you choose to make things difficult for yourself. Tip - listen to people who have done this stuff for years.

ITSMERSH

#13 Post by ITSMERSH »

@kiramm

I suspect to write the your last post and to search for the apple computer image (either online or locally on your drives) must have taken much longer than it would take, to follow just exactly ONE TIME the advice they all have already given to you on how to install a Puppy manually, if there's at least one Puppy that you can boot and run.

I suspect also there is just NOTHING that will fit to what you are asking for.

I think, there is just no such thing as a one click installer that would fit to all your needs/wishes.

YOU HAVE to LISTEN/READ carefully and to FOLLOW the advice step by step just ONE TIME - as long as you don't, you won't get lucky with Puppy.

So probably it's better for you to stay with Windows and leave Puppy alone?

At least the many times I tried to help you on several different issues I can definitely recall: you never ever answered a single question of mine during these sessions and you even did not follow any advice!

This behaviour just hurts very much!

And please, don't reply to my post. Instead follow the advice above by mikeslr.