Densify

Miscellaneous tools
labbe5

Densify

#1 Post by labbe5 »

To get your copy of Densify : https://github.com/hkdb/Densify/releases

Use of a Dog OS is recommended to follow this tutorial.

Tutorial : https://is.gd/YuIDUP

Related app :
Discover pdfmixtool :
Split, Merge, and Mix PDF files.

There is a snap package.
Last edited by labbe5 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Presumably this is really just good for scanned pdfs, or perhaps pdfs with lots of pictures?

For normal text/vector pdfs I haven't found a way to match the file sizes produced by PDFsam's compression option; not sure exactly how it achieves them!
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

8Geee

#3 Post by 8Geee »

Well, I don't see much use for it unless one has to incorporate hi-rez pix in the file, and then shrink it to a manageable file-size. But one still keeps the original copy.

And not for nothin' Most Offices that make pdf file-copies have a GUI box/tabs to configure the output like jpg compression, print dpi, etc. So is this for the NoRTM types that abound?

Example: I have a 3-Page document file with 2 spreadsheet tables in it. The 'Office size' is 133Kb. The Office has a pdf interface, so I compress jpg's to 75% and set dpi to 150 (My screen rez on this notebook is 133 dpi (0.19mm)... most monitors are 0.25mm best (100dpi)). The pdf version of this Office file is 18Kb. Ummm, thats compression also. For these correspondence-sized docs, well, its not useful. 700 Page novel... yes, full presentations yes. But you keep the original anyway.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."