Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 16 Oct 2019, 20:49
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Bionicpup64 8.0 CE
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 27 of 67 [1002 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 65, 66, 67 Next
666philb

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2018, 18:32    Post subject:  

some good news.
I've got Bluetooth working pretty much. i can tether to my phone's internet connection, and have sound streaming to a speaker, from deadbeef, mpv and browsers.

just got to think on how to implement it... it'll probably be pretty clunky Smile

bigpup

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2018, 20:26    Post subject:  

About the problem with the desktop icons and Rox when mounting and unmounting a drive partition.

Here is an issue about it in Woof-CE on Github.
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE/issues/1240
The issue is closed, so there is suppose to be a fix for this.

gyro

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec 2018, 18:40    Post subject:  

An issue.

if /usr/local/bin/defaultconnect contains the line:
Code:
exec net-setup.sh
this activates a bug in the current /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown file, and bionicpup64 might not shutdown cleanly.

if /usr/local/bin/defaultconnect contains some other line, e.g.:
Code:
exec connectwizard "$@"
then the bug will not be activated.

The bug can be avoided by not setting any of the Network setup utilites as the default.
You are most likely to do this when prompted after the successful setup of a wifi connection.

if your /usr/local/bin/defaultconnect file is already activating the bug, you can safely edit it to replace the offending line with the safe line, per above.

Note1: If you are not running with a "pfix=fsckp,fsck" boot parameter, you would probably not see any evidence of the bug being activated.

Note2: I have already raised this as a woof-ce issue.

gyro
rerwin

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 00:18    Post subject:  

gyro,
Thank you for calling attention to the shutdown bug. I have responded in woofCE and offered a fix. The simple change anyone can make to file /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown: replace line 139 with:
Code:
/usr/local/network-wizard/rc.network stop
petihar

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 04:31    Post subject: @ 666philb - bluetooth  

Quote:
some good news.
I've got Bluetooth working pretty much

Hello 666philb
Very good news indeed Very Happy ! On my side I continued the tests and investigations to make the connection with my phone and my hi fi system work without success. I must say that I proceed in a very empirical way without really understanding the why of the how, I don't have the knowledge to do that. So I can't wait to get your lighting to make this damn Bluetooth work.
Yours sincerely . petihar.
666philb

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 17:57    Post subject: Re: Problem Starting X as non-root user BionicPup64_7.9.7
Subject description: X fails when run as a non-root user

TTFOSS wrote:

It would be great if you could help solve this problem.
I am certainly willing to test any solution that you can get to work.

If I am not able to run X as a non-root user then I will keep looking for another system.

I have no problems running X with either FatDog64 7.2.1 or AntiX64 17.2 Full as a non-root user on the test machine.

Thanks

hi TTFOSS,

sorry that's all new to me, you might get help on that if you post in the users section as more people will see it

666philb

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 18:00    Post subject:  

quickpet >>> bionic updates

woodenshoe-wi's roxfiler fix ...fuller fix will be in next release
rerwins rc.shutdown fix
added bluetooth ... needs a reboot to work

bigpup

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 19:44    Post subject:  

Bionicpup64 7.9.7
Frugal, save folder.

quickpet >>> bionic updates

That fixed all the problems with the desktop drive icons and Rox.

Was never really having shutdown problems.
But will check to make sure I still have no problems.

Do not use Bluetooth so can not check this.

Those people working on Woof-CE need to post about some of the issues they find and fix. Laughing Rolling Eyes
They seem to always be under the hood, tweaking Puppy!

Thanks!

Terry H

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2018, 22:28    Post subject:  

Following doing Bionic updates, Bluetooth goes back in the Too Hard File for me for a while again.

I worked out how to basically use Janky Bluetooth. I paired a bluetooth speaker, I added the speaker to the asound.conf. Couldn't get sound from speaker, A couple of attempts to 'trust' the speaker failed, as the speaker didn't seem to stay paired to the laptop.

Several attempts to pair phone to laptop. I could see (scan on) phone from laptop, I attempted to pair, got pair message on phone, clicked 'Allow', phone was connected for a few seconds then disconnected.

Once again totally frustrated with bluetooth.

Edit: After my frustrations last night, I still am very grateful for 666philb working on the bluetooth implementation for Bionicpup64. I didn't say it last night, so thanks Phil for all you are doing for puppy.
gyro

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 03:31    Post subject:  

Apologies, in a stock standard bionicpup64, the simple bug in rc.shutdown, does not have the "dire consequences" that I am experiencing.

rerwin's mod fixes the bug, and works.

gyro
artsown

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 05:22    Post subject:  

7.9.7 with bugfixes looks good here. Can't say about bluetooth though
since I have never used it.

Art
petihar

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 09:25    Post subject:  

Hello 666philb

Terry H wrote :
Quote:
Several attempts to pair phone to laptop. I could see (scan on) phone from laptop, I attempted to pair, got pair message on phone, clicked 'Allow', phone was connected for a few seconds then disconnected.

It's the same for me. Then I tried after installing blueman which offers an easier graphical interface. The result is of course the same! Crying or Very sad
Copie d'écran.png
 Description   
 Filesize   230.6 KB
 Viewed   461 Time(s)

Copie d'écran.png

rerwin

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:16    Post subject: Pupsave selection problem  

I found a problem with selecting a pupsave file that seems unique to bionic64 pup. It is the only puppy whose name makes it so that its pupsave files occur first in the puppy directory, ahead of the puppy SFS files.

In that case, the prompt for selection of a pupsave file appears but does not accept the keyboard input of the number! It does not respond to the key-press and requires pressing the power switch to shut down the PC.

I am sure this is a woofCE issue, but mention it here to see if others see the same behavior.
666philb

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:08    Post subject:  

petihar wrote:
Hello 666philb

Terry H wrote :
Quote:

It's the same for me. Then I tried after installing blueman which offers an easier graphical interface. The result is of course the same! Crying or Very sad

EDIT: aaarg ... i missed something in janky_bt, for a phone edit /usr/local/janky_bt/startnetwork and add your phones device number here ......
dev_DC_F0_90_2F_01_C5 (<your device)

i think that you are both good up to this point, once paired it's normal to say connected for a few seconds then disconnected. At this point with a phone, turn on bluetooth tethering in the phones settings (it won't connect unless this is on), then click 'tether to phone' in janky_bt. it may then connect automatically, if not then try connecting in 'bluetoothctl' connect DC:F0:90:2F:01:C5 (<your device)
if this fails try 'repeating the above
Once connected 'bnep0' interface should be available in frisbee & network
wizard.

for the speaker once paired , you need to 'add speaker' in janky_bt (make sure to save) and then 'connect to speaker' in janky_bt. you should then be able to connect in bluetoothctl connect 00:12:6F:AD:14:7C (<your device)
once connected run programs with
Code:
ALSAPCM=pcm.puppybt palemoon
ALSAPCM=pcm.puppybt deadbeef
ALSAPCM=pcm.puppybt kodi

if it still won't connect .. double check /etc/asound.conf has your device, and repeat the above.
another thing to try is in bluetoothctl remove 00:12:6F:AD:14:7C (<your device) and re pair it
BTW blueman may have messed up your bluetooth installation i would uninstall it and click on updates again in quickpet.
whilst i finally got blueman to be able to connect to a phone, connecting to a speaker was impossible as it requires pulseaudio

Last edited by 666philb on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:43; edited 7 times in total
666philb

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:08    Post subject:  

rerwin wrote:
I found a problem with selecting a pupsave file that seems unique to bionic64 pup. It is the only puppy whose name makes it so that its pupsave files occur first in the puppy directory, ahead of the puppy SFS files.

In that case, the prompt for selection of a pupsave file appears but does not accept the keyboard input of the number! It does not respond to the key-press and requires pressing the power switch to shut down the PC.

I am sure this is a woofCE issue, but mention it here to see if others see the same behavior.

hi rerwin,

this happens because of a missing builtin keyboard module in the kernel.
it'l hopefully be added in the next build

Last edited by 666philb on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Page 27 of 67 [1002 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 65, 66, 67 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: