How to tailor your sound experience in Chrome...

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Mike Walsh

How to tailor your sound experience in Chrome...

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Evening, all.

Not often I do this, but I make no apologies, either. This is a Chrome-only app; research hasn't so far revealed an equivalent for Firefox....but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one; I just haven't found it yet.

If you've ever felt the need to be able to modify/alter your audio experience when listening to/watching streaming radio/videos, etc., there's an app available from the Chrome App Store which will let you do just that.

It's called (appropriately) 'Ears'.

It's a quite sophisticated audio equalizer. It'll give you bass boost....and is possessed of a 'spectrum visualiser', which will show you what your changes have done to the audio's dynamic frequency curve.

It will also (and this is an important one, I feel) allow you to boost your volume output quite considerably. I've read several posts over the last few years from Puppians who are having problems with 'quiet' audio chips, even after adjusting the PCM output, etc., with Retrovol.

In use, it looks like this:-

EQ-only:-

...and with 'spectrum visualiser' overlay:-

I feel this is a useful addition to any Chrome user's arsenal. Thoroughly recommended!

Mike. :wink: