Importing bookmarks Tahrpup/Pale Moon

Booting, installing, newbie
TheScorpion

Importing bookmarks Tahrpup/Pale Moon

#1 Post by TheScorpion »

I'm running Tahrpup from a USB stick with Pale Moon as the browser.
Can't work out how to import Chrome bookmarks to Pale Moon.
I saved the Chrome bookmarks as an HTML file onto the USB stick.
I then dragged the file onto the Tahrpup desktop.
When I go into Pale Moon/Organise bookmarks/Import and Backup/Import bookmarks from HTML
The menu that appears to the left has 'Desktop' but there are no files listed under 'Desktop' or any of the other options.
How do I get Pale Moon to locate and install these bookmarks?
I'm still not very familiar with Linux systems so any advice may seem obvious!

a_salty_dogg

#2 Post by a_salty_dogg »

Anything like that you dragged to desktop will only be a symlink to the actual file which will still be sitting where you downloaded it... so

Assuming the bookmarks.html file is located on the top level of the same usb stick on which your Puppy system is mounted, do the following;

After you've got as far as clicking on "Import bookmarks from HTML ", the roxfiler window titled "Import Boomarks File" will open

In the left pane single click on "File System"

Then in the right pane double click on "mnt"

Now in the right pane double click on "home"

Bookmarks.html should be at the bottom of the list which now shows. Double click on that and you should be sorted!

Yes I agree, it does take a little while to learn your way around Puppy's file structures when you're new to it, but in no time at all it will seem second nature and you'll wonder why anyone else does it differently! :wink:

TheScorpion

#3 Post by TheScorpion »

Salty Dogg, That did it ok. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. :)

a_salty_dogg

#4 Post by a_salty_dogg »

You're very welcome, any time if I can!

If that superfluous "bookmarks.html" link is still sitting on your desktop, you can safely remove it any time by right clicking on it then left click on "Remove Item(s)" if you'd like to keep your desktop tidy. Won't affect the file in "home".