How to fix the drive icon behaviour in recent Puppies...

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Sailor Enceladus

#16 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Mike Walsh wrote:Having read the discussion link you gave, it seems like this individual 'wdlkmpx' absolutely hates ROX, doesn't he? I see mavrothal trying to pour some oil on troubled waters..! :lol:
The user "jlst" also once claimed 99% of users hate Rox so I made a poll to find out if this was really true :lol:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107684

bigpup

#17 Post by bigpup »

Mike Walsh wrote:Well, I signed-up with GitHub. It wouldn't let me use my forum name.....said it was already in use!
That is the common problem with trying to make a new account with any web site on the INTERNET.
That name already used by someone else. :shock: :roll:

I usually have to start adding numbers to the end of the name, to get one that no one else has used.

People with common names.
Where I worked, at one time there were two people with the same first and last name.
Only different were the middle names and their SSA numbers.
We had to start calling them by number 1 or number 2 so people would know who we were talking about.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Mike Walsh

#18 Post by Mike Walsh »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
Mike Walsh wrote:Having read the discussion link you gave, it seems like this individual 'wdlkmpx' absolutely hates ROX, doesn't he? I see mavrothal trying to pour some oil on troubled waters..! :lol:
The user "jlst" also once claimed 99% of users hate Rox so I made a poll to find out if this was really true :lol:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107684
Hi, Sailor.

Don't think I was having a pop at you over Slacko 571, 'cos I wasn't. Mikeslr put me onto it via PM a few weeks ago, and I had a look at it straight away, what with Micko's original being one of my firm favourites. I've been using it regularly ever since. It's a very sweet Puppy.....and runs beautifully (especially since I could just drop my 570 save-file straight in to it. Made the whole business far quicker and simpler!) Thanks.

I will confess that the current 'build-system' certainly speeds up an already fast little OS even more. I like it, I like it.

I just don't like the omission of the 'Refresh/Realign' check box in the EventManager, that's all.....it being something I've come to rely on for 'straightening things out' when ROX doesn't always put things back where they should go. I've found a 'work-around' that fixes the issue for me, 'cos it was the one single thing that was spoiling it for me (I'm not one of those who use a single desktop drive icon, and use pMount all the time; I prefer a desktop icon for each partition. That's just me...)

And reading some of the posts on Github....*whew*! I'd no idea there was that much back-biting and bitching going on amongst the Woof-CE team members & contributors. A real 'eye-opener'.

I've also added my two-penn'orth to your ROX poll, BTW...

Mike. :wink: