Cast2chrome

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
wiak

#16 Post by wiak »

Cast2chrome now depend on gtkwialog (which is currently under development but not yet published) so that it can also be used on systems that run dash as their underlying system shell.

wiak

#17 Post by wiak »

NEW VERSION being uploaded so download temporarily removed - old version needs updated to work with the latest gtkwialog 0.8.5

I'll try to find time to do test and upload the new cast2chrome version tomorrow.

Busy making a very rough and incomplete frontend for my git and github uses/experiments (to help my poor memory when it comes to git commands...) - early draft stages with that though.

wiak

wiak

#18 Post by wiak »

Cast2chrome version 0.0.4 uploaded to first post of this thread. NOTE WELL that it requires gtkwialog ver 0.8.5 (or later) to function. It uses gtkwialog -b mode and will work out-of-the-box on systems that use bash or dash or ash etc as their underlying system shell.

wiak

vovchik

#19 Post by vovchik »

Dear wiak,

Thanks for the script, which works for me. I have attached two icons you could consider using - svgs (one blue and one red). They are tiny, each weighing in at some 1.4k.

With kind regards,
vovchik
Attachments
grey-chromecast-svg.tar.gz
(765 Bytes) Downloaded 119 times

wiak

#20 Post by wiak »

vovchik wrote:Thanks for the script, which works for me. I have attached two icons you could consider using - svgs (one blue and one red). They are tiny, each weighing in at some 1.4k.
Thanks vovchik, I'll add these on. Is one a menu icon and one a program icon? i.e. Are you using one in gtkwialog <window ... icon-name...> (?) and one in desktop file? I see one is blue the other red so wondering if you are using them to indicate active/non-active in some way, but not sure so will wait to hear back from you. I don't do much with icons these days so I have lost touch with the details of implementing them.

Also, which /usr/xxx/share (or whatever) folder have you put them in on your own tests - I'll just do the same before uploading new version.

wiak

vovchik

#21 Post by vovchik »

Dear wiak,

I had thought of on/off but you may want to contemplate that later. To use that icon for the taskbar you probably only need:

Code: Select all

<window image-name="/usr/share/pixmaps/grey-chromcast-red.svg"...
in the window code. You could also have that little svg within the script as a variable to be written out to /tmp, but that would not help with the desktop file, which wants an existing image.

It's a very minimal mod, compared to your very serious and impressive work on gtkwialog.

With kind regards,
vovchik

spiritwild

#22 Post by spiritwild »

Gtkwialog 0.8.5 is what I found on here. not sure where. Is that where I should be? Everything seems to work with your 0.0.4 version.

Good program, Thanks!

wiak

#23 Post by wiak »

spiritwild wrote:Gtkwialog 0.8.5 is what I found on here. not sure where. Is that where I should be?
Yep, thanks.