How to stop touchpad "coasting"? (Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
mostly_lurking

#16 Post by mostly_lurking »

number77 wrote:Flsynclient has changed. I also have tahr 605 on another partition and in it flsynclient gives exactly the options in your screen shot and I could disable vertical edge scrolling.
Judging from what's in the repositories, the 64bit Puppies all seem to be using Flsynclient version 0.7, while the 32bit ones have version 0.6 available, too. I found an 0.6 version for Quirky April and installed it on Xenial64 7.5 (here is another one), and the program did at least start up - and looked different from Xenial's original one. Since I have no touchpad, I couldn't actually test if it worked, and it wouldn't even let me look at any tabs except the first one so I couldn't check if the options you are looking for are there.

Marv

#17 Post by Marv »

number77 wrote:After all I dont think its scrolling that is the problem as disabling RH edge scrolling in the gui on tahr605 works perfectly.
On xenialpup synclient has a line: VertEdgeScroll =1
How would I disable that in xenialpup,.
If you are seeing that 'line', you are probably looking at /root/.flsynclient, or should be... Change it to VertEdgeScroll =0 and save the file. On running flsynclient -s or restarting the change should show up. .flsynclient is a hidden file so you have to allow your FM of choice to show those of course.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

number77

#18 Post by number77 »

That did it Marv, I changed it to VerticalEdgeScroll =0 after a reboot it was fine, the problem gone.
Thanks a lot for the patient good natured help, Sailor Enceladus, matchpoint, Marv and mostly_lurking it means my puppy is once more the perfect os.
All the best
number77