WipeFreeSpace Needs libhfsp.so Library (Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
CGP

#16 Post by CGP »

Here is the link to the executable:

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/c5806fd1

matchpoint

#17 Post by matchpoint »

Sorry Mate, there's more to this and I've gots to go. Tomorrow's another day.

CGP

#18 Post by CGP »

OK. I am tired now, too. And feeling like this is hopeless. Yes, tomorrow we will probably feel better. And I am willing to continue then, if you are.

matchpoint

#19 Post by matchpoint »

Hmm, rolls on Xenial. That I "bastardized" it, we'll see tomorrow if Lucid can play along.

CGP

#20 Post by CGP »

Great.

I would like to get wipefreespace working on a linux that runs in RAM. If you know a way to configure Ubuntu to run only in RAM, that could work even if Lucid does not.

matchpoint

#21 Post by matchpoint »

Hey, CGP, against better judgement, I entered this thread figuring a few simple libs would get you up, running and on your way. Well, I was wrong. After toying with it a bit I've come to the conclusion that there's more to it than I have time to commit. It's a project better suited for someone with more know-how and time to burn. That said, and because I chose not to leave you hanging, here's a cobbled together, one time deal you can trial. And you better know what you're doing, preferably on an expendable test bed. I claim "ZERO" liability.

You'll need this. Install it.

Then go here. User: porteus@don570 / Password: porteus

You want his "Right-click" pet. Install it.

Since you already have the lib you originally posted for, you want this.

I'll assume once downloaded, you'll know where to place it.

To load these libs, right click the SFS and "sfs_load" it --NO copy.

So long as "wipefreespace --help" delivers a response, you're good.

Go out and wipe those cluster tips!

CGP

#22 Post by CGP »

Thanks for the help. I will try your suggestion and report the results.

Mike Walsh

#23 Post by Mike Walsh »

(wrong post - sorry!)

CGP

#24 Post by CGP »

Hi Mike Walsh. I don't know what to make of the diversion! Anyway thanks for the links to UExtract. I will use it.

@matchpoint. Yes, it worked! It is amazing that you found the libraries. wipefreespace started.

Unfortunately, when I tried to get it to wipe the free space on a partition, it quickly terminated with the error message

"*** glibc detected *** ./wipefreespace: double free or corruption (!prev) 0x080c64a8 ***".

Unless someone has other ideas, I guess I will try to contact the author of wipefreespace and see if he can help.

By the way, I tried loading lucid_wfs-libs_528.sfs with SFS-Load on-the-fly and that worked, too.

So, thanks matchpoint, but for now there is still no way to wipe the cluster tips of a partition containing Windows.

I will mark the topic [SOLVED] (if I can recall how).