Anyone know how to re-enable a lost menu bar at the bottom?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
PappyPuppy

Re: Geany's timed back-up copies

#16 Post by PappyPuppy »

PappyPuppy wrote:
musher0 wrote: geany's timed back-up copies.
I wasn't aware of the "timed" back-up copies. In my case I just use the Save Actions Dialog. Does this dialog by any chance utilize the Disk check timeout to decide when to make those time and date-stamped copies in my folder of choice? Is that what you mean?

I'm just trying to clarify if that is how it works, or if there is yet another mechanism for which I don't need the Save Actions plugin. I guess if I want to test my "theory", I should just change the disk check timeout to like 300 seconds (it's currently 30 seconds) and sit and watch the disk like a coyote to see when the directory file comes out from behind a tree.

Only problem is, at the rate I type, I could miss upwards of 40 pages of typing in 300 seconds. :lol:

I would also like to have a simple process that reminds me when the directory becomes above a certain number of files and/or size so I can delete the earlier ones in there - perhaps date-time driven to just automatically delete up to a certain point, maybe with a popup reminder.