Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 19 Nov 2019, 00:04
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Google-drive Filemanager
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 4 of 5 [64 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Author Message
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar 2019, 16:08    Post subject:  

Hi everyone,

Google-drive Filemanager v2 stopped working a while back, error message is:
Code:
Failed to get file: googleapi: Error 403: Rate Limit Exceeded, rateLimitExceeded


From what I understood, the reason is that too many people (in the whole world Smile ) are using at the same time gdrive (included in googledrivegui2), but not really sure Question
(google has a limitation on the amount)
EDIT: See also explanation here:
https://github.com/gdrive-org/gdrive/issues/392#issuecomment-423048518

Found the solution by following this complicated tutorial (oh, yes, I'm a little crazy Wink )
https://github.com/gdrive-org/gdrive/issues/426
And compiled gdrive, using my own credentials for the Google-Drive API, so works now (hasn't reached the limitation (yet?), sort of starting over fresh).

Important:
To run this new version, you cannot use created authentication from earlier version, so then remove first the old "token_v2.json" file e.g.:
~/.gdrive-<name>/token_v2.json
Then it's required to start over again with the authentication process (button "New Profile")

Download .pet packages:
32-bit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kz0jw4wsp3fblzm/googledrivegui2-2.1.1_i386.pet?dl=1
64-bit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8ihvqfcpyqcw5uk/googledrivegui2-2.1.1_amd64.pet?dl=1

EDIT:
Download portable appimages:
gdrive_gui2-portable-2.1.1-32bit.tar.gz
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1Pok0uVyuZI28AMpsf45XPik9lHcwfYb0
gdrive_gui2-portable-2.1.1-64bit.tar.gz
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1SkwZ4TlEoC3k7ZxcN_Nzarmxm63OQA8W

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak

Last edited by fredx181 on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 14:01; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
RedQuine

Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar 2019, 18:00    Post subject:  

Yay, thanks Fred!

I never did get round to trying the AppImage, for some reason (I think I had other issues to play with, er, get sorted out). I just gave it a whirl, and got as far as the error 403 you described. However, your new amd64.pet works a treat on Bionicpup64 8.0; I can see my G drive at last!

This could save me hours of uploading and downloading via the browser. All the more time to break other stuff. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar 2019, 18:17    Post subject:  

RedQuine wrote:
Yay, thanks Fred!

I never did get round to trying the AppImage, for some reason (I think I had other issues to play with, er, get sorted out). I just gave it a whirl, and got as far as the error 403 you described. However, your new amd64.pet works a treat on Bionicpup64 8.0; I can see my G drive at last!

This could save me hours of uploading and downloading via the browser. All the more time to break other stuff. Very Happy


Ah, thanks RedQuine ! I'm glad it works for you.
But don't use it a billion times a day please Laughing Laughing , then the Google-drive Api may get overloaded again.
No, seriously, probably that's not going to happen.

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
wiak

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 1830
Location: not Bulgaria

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar 2019, 21:36    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:

Download .pet packages:

64-bit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8ihvqfcpyqcw5uk/googledrivegui2-2.1.1_amd64.pet?dl=1

Fred


Hi Fred,

Do you have deb package available? I want to use in XenialDog64.
Also, does this need Go installed on system?

EDIT: I'm also looking for the similar app in deb form for Dropbox. ???

Cheers, wiak

_________________
Tiny Linux Blog: http://www.tinylinux.info/
Check Firmware: www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1022797
tinycore/slitaz: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=990130#990130
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar 2019, 02:43    Post subject:  

wiak wrote:
Hi Fred,

Do you have deb package available? I want to use in XenialDog64.
Also, does this need Go installed on system?

EDIT: I'm also looking for the similar app in deb form for Dropbox. ???


Yes, deb packages googledrivegui2 :
32bit
https://fredx181.github.io/StretchDog/i386/Packages/Extra/googledrivegui2_2.1.1_i386.deb
64bit
https://fredx181.github.io/StretchDog/amd64/Packages/Extra/googledrivegui2_2.1.1_amd64.deb

No need for Go installed, only for compiling it would be required.

Here's deb for dropboxgui (noarch) from mikeb, see http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90753 :
EDIT: dropboxgui link updated to v1.0.9, v1.0.8 conflicted with official dropbox deb package, see wiak's comment below.
https://fredx181.github.io/StretchDog/amd64/Packages/Extra/dropboxgui_1.0.9_all.deb


Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak

Last edited by fredx181 on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 11:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
wiak

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 1830
Location: not Bulgaria

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar 2019, 03:34    Post subject:  

Thanks Fred, I'll give these a go (pun) tomorrow
_________________
Tiny Linux Blog: http://www.tinylinux.info/
Check Firmware: www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1022797
tinycore/slitaz: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=990130#990130
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
wiak

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 1830
Location: not Bulgaria

PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar 2019, 02:18    Post subject:  

Really enjoying using these dropbox and google drive gui programs Fred. Thanks to mikeb, and also to yourself too for bringing it to google drive too.

Actually, I do have the fully syncing official dropbox client on my computer (with a specially prepared and necessary ext4 partition for the storage), however, despite full syncing being nice, the package proves flaky (currently running stable on my XenialDog64 system, but had to take it off my partners similar setup because for some reason it caused major Firefox crash when signing on... I kind of prefer the simple up/down filemanager GUIs though - less could probably go wrong IMO and resource usage bound to be much less I imagine.

wiak

wiak

_________________
Tiny Linux Blog: http://www.tinylinux.info/
Check Firmware: www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1022797
tinycore/slitaz: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=990130#990130
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
wiak

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 1830
Location: not Bulgaria

PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar 2019, 05:55    Post subject:  

Just one thing I should mention:

The dropboxGUI package uses dropbox.desktop in /usr/share/applications, but that's the same name used in official syching dropbox client, which as I said is also on my system just now. Because of that official one being already installed, dropboxGUI wouldn't install because of the .desktop file conflict. I simply extracted the dropboxGUI deb and changed the name of the .desktop file to dropboxGUI.desktop and repackaged the deb for my use. That then successfully installed without issue.

wiak

_________________
Tiny Linux Blog: http://www.tinylinux.info/
Check Firmware: www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1022797
tinycore/slitaz: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=990130#990130
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Mike Walsh


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 5551
Location: King's Lynn, UK.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar 2019, 15:33    Post subject:  

@ fredx181:-

Just wanted to say 'Thanks' for version 0.3.2 (portable), Fred. I've been using the original 0.2.0 release until this morning; thought it was high time I tried the most recent release. Certainly fires up quicker, I'll give it that.....and connecting on uploads is faster, too.

Cheers!

--------------------------------

@ wiak:-

Don't know if you're aware of it; there's a new, semi-official Electron 'upgrade' of the old Grive client now available:-

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/02/odrive-google-drive-linux-client

It's called 'O-Drive', and I've been testing it out in Xenialpup64 7.5 for a few weeks. Works well.....but, as you say, Mike & Fred's GUIs are a hell of a lot smaller!


Mike. Wink

Last edited by Mike Walsh on Thu 21 Mar 2019, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar 2019, 15:35    Post subject:  

wiak wrote:
Just one thing I should mention:

The dropboxGUI package uses dropbox.desktop in /usr/share/applications, but that's the same name used in official syching dropbox client, which as I said is also on my system just now. Because of that official one being already installed, dropboxGUI wouldn't install because of the .desktop file conflict. I simply extracted the dropboxGUI deb and changed the name of the .desktop file to dropboxGUI.desktop and repackaged the deb for my use. That then successfully installed without issue.

wiak


Ah good to know, later I''ll add new deb version to repos.

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar 2019, 16:37    Post subject:  

Mike Walsh wrote:
@ fredx181:-

Just wanted to say 'Thanks' for version 0.3.2 (portable), Fred. I've been using the original 0.2.0 release until this morning; thought it was high time I tried the most recent release. Certainly fires up quicker, I'll give it that.....and connecting on uploads is faster, too.


You're welcome Mike !
Don't know if you tried the v2 (different, depending on "gdrive"), is there any reason you'd possibly prefer first version ( the 0.3.2 (portable) ) using "drive" ?
I ask, mostly out of curiosity, because the v2 has some improvements that I didn't add to v1 ( but working on it, btw), e.g multiple file selection support (not depending on yad) and full view when maximized.

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Sun 24 Mar 2019, 08:51    Post subject:  

*** Google-drive Filemanager v1 updated (portable, v0.3.3) ***
(this v1 is using "drive", v2 makes use of "gdrive" and has below improvements already)

Changes:
- Multiple file selection supported from the GUI, required for that is gtkdialog v0.8.3 or higher, but if older gtkdialog installed:
When nothing selected, a 'yad' window will open (if yad is installed) to select multiple items,
e.g. for Add, Download or Remove.
- Can handle files containing spaces in the name
- Full view when maximized
- Updated Help text

32-bit: gdrive_gui-portable-0.3.3-32bit.tar.gz
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=13whswxeahNFXUjLI1WUPok4bohZFIPNw
64-bit: gdrive_gui-portable-0.3.3-64bit.tar.gz
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=17xnejARwQywJESzCNdCYGYty6wJPUAuG

Extract somewhere (e.g. in /mnt/sda3) and run e.g. gdrive_gui-portable32. (a config file ".gdriverc" will be created in same directory)
The advantage of portable is that you can run it from different Puppy installs
It's a self-extracting script, the "drive" binary is included.
The most convenient is when running it from the same directory as you set up the "Profile directory"

Fred
gdrive_gui-maximized.png
 Description   
 Filesize   85.92 KB
 Viewed   250 Time(s)

gdrive_gui-maximized.png


_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Mike Walsh


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 5551
Location: King's Lynn, UK.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Mar 2019, 17:11    Post subject:  

@ Fred:-

Why 0.3.2, and not v2? Ah; there's 'method in my madness', mate.

I find, for some reason, that the v2s treat whatever directory you fire them up in as the profile directory.

I have a couple of desktop icons which, when clicked on, open up small sub-directories, with symlinks to various .desktop entries. It's a continuation of summat I began doing years ago in XP; a way to 'group' similar items together, without taking up excessive desktop real estate.

One of these is utilities:-





.....which when opened, gives this group of utilities:-





As you can see, one of these is a sym-link to the Google-drive-GUI .desktop entry.

Now; I set this up at the root of the file-system; '/'. 0.3.2, having set the profile up for that directory, stays with it; even with the .desktop entry modified to point to the executable script. v2 (and I see 0.3.3 now does the same), if I have that sym-linked Menu Entry in the utilities sub-directory, now seems to think the script is starting from the 'Utilities' sub-directory.....and insists I set up a new profile again.

Which is a PITA, to say the least. You did ask..!

(BTW; I run an identical range of the same apps in every Puppy. That 'Utilities' directory is actually on a remote partition, sym-linked into every Pup.....because the same set of entries will work for every Pup. Make sense?)


Mike. Wink

_________________
MY 'PUPPY' PACKAGES

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Sun 24 Mar 2019, 17:52    Post subject:  

Hey Mike, a bit late now for me to understand exactly what you wrote, but it looks like I made a bit of mess with version names etc... ...explanation about different versions of two different programs (v1 and v2) a bit chaotic ?

EDIT: Next morning, ah, probably I see now what you mean, problems with the v2 pet and v1 is ok , I guess.

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4159
Location: holland

PostPosted: Mon 25 Mar 2019, 14:04    Post subject:  

New portable appimages for Google-drive Filemanager v2 (2.1.1), see Here (at the bottom)

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 4 of 5 [64 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0633s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0099s) ][ GZIP on ]