Indic language typing related

Miscellaneous tools
veejay

Indic language typing related

#1 Post by veejay »

Can anyone suggest some common pets or sfs for typing Indian languages in Puppy Linux?

XenialPup 7.5 (32 bit) supports some old SCIM pets, with which after a hard work it is possible to type indian languages like Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada etc.

(These are those pets: SCIM-1.4.9-i486, SCIM-Bridge-0.4.16-i486, Scim-m17n-0.2.3-i486, Scim-tables-0.5.9-i486, m17n-db-1.5.5-i486 and m17n-lib-1.5.5-i486)

But XenialPup64 7.5, Tahrpup 6.0.5, Tahrpup64 6.0.5 don't support the same SCIM pets.

Tried ibus. But not working on any of these variants.

Thanks & regards
Vijay

slackfan

#2 Post by slackfan »

Pls see my (long, also I will not repeat it here) message at

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 4&t=113589

You don't need to use some complex input method for Hindi (Devanagari writing) or Tamil. I use the keyboard layout "us intl" and write directly with it using adequate (sometime very) complex key combinations!

with experience and learning time, I did write always faster and faster (I can write faster as I can learn those languages :lol: :roll: ! Writing is not a problem or limit any more for me at learning time...)

You need only fonts and can in Upup's, Dpup's and DevuanPup import then easily from the official depository. Keyboard layout for Devanagari or Tamil etc. can be found on the pages of IBM or Microsoft :wink: and other place on the web

but, also

directly in the online input system from Input King!