Problems with XORG, Does not load Graphic interface.

Using applications, configuring, problems
lolo69

Problems with XORG, Does not load Graphic interface.

#1 Post by lolo69 »

Hello Everynyan.

Really I do not remeber what I did but X does not works. When I boot the pc it says "Exited from X".

When I use the Xorgwizard I choose resolution and when it's time to test configuration it just did not work, it should have shown a test text then you click ok and there is a Report of the test, but mine just show the report.

As possible solution I've thinked to change the .xinitrc file that could be broken or something through a usb stick load a .xinitrc file fixed.

P.S: Is there Another software than X? If there's something better pleas tell me :)

Slacko puppy 6.3
XORG-JWM.

If needed ask for more info.

Thanks.

s243a

#2 Post by s243a »

I'm not sure but one thing you could try doing is:
1. deleting you x configuration files
2. Copy your top layer to some medium that can serve as a bottom "under dog layer". This would probably be done with the dd command.
3. Start with a fresh puppy install (probably the same version as your using and configure) your old pup to run as the bottom layer.

I never tried this but in theory if you delete enough files then it should work. If you suceed then maybe try remastering and try your remastered copy.

I'm not sure if remastering will capture the bottom layer but you could write a script to add any missing files from the bottim kayer that aren't deleted (see white oute file) and aren't already in the upper layers.

The remaster script gives you a chance to add files.

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

When I use the Xorgwizard I choose resolution and when it's time to test configuration it just did not work
You have to select:

The driver to use.
The resolution. (pick one you know will work)
The color depth.

How is Slacko 6.3 installed?
Full, frugal, or a live CD or USB?

If using a save do you know how to boot not using the save?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)