Wifi Wizard

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
normen

Wifi Wizard

#1 Post by normen »

Over the last few releases, the GUI configuration tools in Puppy have improved greatly. I think it would be great to also have a GUI application to configure a wifi connection. Although Puppy may automatically find and configure basic connections, it is kind of a pain to manually configure encrypted connections and auto-enable them at boot time.
I don't think an application like that would take up too many resources, yet it would greatly improve the ease of use.
The manual said "Windows XP or better" ... so I used Linux.

#2 Post by Guest »

Check out the wifi beta package.....no wifi gui but a simple wireless.conf file...open with a text editor make your changes...it's pretty well commented and then add a single line to rc.local to have the wireless startup as part on the boot process....btw it contains quite a few drivers preconfigured for ndiswrapper

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

bladehunter wrote:Check out the wifi beta package
<snip>
Where is it blade? I can't find it. :?

normen

#4 Post by normen »

bladehunter wrote:Check out the wifi beta package.....no wifi gui but a simple wireless.conf file...open with a text editor make your changes...it's pretty well commented and then add a single line to rc.local to have the wireless startup as part on the boot process....btw it contains quite a few drivers preconfigured for ndiswrapper
This is pretty much what I ended up doing. For inexperienced users this may be a little confusing though. If Puppy wants to get more Puppy lovers, this kind of stuff has to be easier to handle.
The manual said "Windows XP or better" ... so I used Linux.

#5 Post by Guest »

Dunno man it appears to have disappeared.... :?:

Moffmo

#6 Post by Moffmo »

with Bladehunters dot pup, once i have made my configurations, do i have to make a new boot disk so it loads the wifi rc.local ?