How I share Parcellite clipboard data between pups

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Marv

How I share Parcellite clipboard data between pups

#1 Post by Marv »

Why didn't I do this a long time ago. I always share browser and sylpheed profiles on an EXT2 data drive symlinked into several pups but when bouncing from pup to pup I always found myself looking in the clipboard (which I use a lot) for a tracking number or something I had copied to the clipboard in another pup. All the pups I'm currently using use Parcellite so... I moved the Parcellite profile directory from /root/.local/share in one pup to my shared_profiles directory on the data drive and symlinked it back into /root/.local/share on each pup in the kennel. I currently have upupbb, upupcc, lxpupsc64, a couple of versions of LxPupSc, and LxPupBionic sharing. Parcellite 1.1.9 through 1.2.1 at this point tested sharing at this point. All pups are frugal Grub4Dos installs with savefiles on an SSD.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

Mike Walsh

#2 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hey, Marv.

Welcome to the club..!

Now you know why davids45 and myself have for long enough been sharing 'common' apps, together with their profiles, config stuff, etc., from a remote data partition amongst an entire kennel of Pups.

My two 64-bit Pups (Xenialpup64 and Bionicpup64) share common apps. And my 10 other 32-bitzers also do the same thing. Not only for convenience, but when you're talking about large numbers of Puppies it just doesn't make sense to keep installing the same thing over & over again.....

The 32-bitzers all share Fredx181's FF-Quantum 'portable' with its integrated profile directory. Same thing goes for Chrome 48, the very last 32-bit version of Google's browser. And multiple other apps, too. They even share a relatively common desktop layout and background design.

It all means that no matter which Pup I go into for the day, I can just get on with what I want to do. No more hunting around to find stuff..!!

Mike. :wink: