youtubedl not working

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dangerfirebob

youtubedl not working

#1 Post by dangerfirebob »

Excellent work, my quirky xerus 8 usb drive was broken so I have replaced it with the easy OS, very fast and easy :) installation, the speaker sound needed a few reboots to get it working on my hp mini.

I was happy to find Youtubedl a great app from Quirky. Unfortunately something is wrong with it. It seems to be downloading but no file is appearing in file/downloads, I have checked the file in q_sfs/user/local/youtubedl and to me it looks like it maybe just needs a little tweak to find the correct download directory destination. Not sure what to change there :?

I have used it twice and it goes through the motions normally but I get no physical file at the end of the operation.

Xsoldier space war isn't working for me, but that maybe just the hardware I am using.
Last edited by dangerfirebob on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

dangerfirebob

How to delete posts.

#2 Post by dangerfirebob »

Ah, oops I meant to reply to this
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=109958
I wonder how to delete a post on this forum? Ah well my bad.

dangerfirebob

Found the lost downloads!

#3 Post by dangerfirebob »

:D aha I found the problem, at least half of it. The files that automatically download go to /file (all) not to the directory on the desktop which is located at /mnt/sda2/home.

So we have a hidden download directory. Strange that I got the error message from youtubedl even though it has correctly downloaded a video.