Upub 18.05 - sanity check has failed

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
kunerich

Upub 18.05 - sanity check has failed

#1 Post by kunerich »

I wanted to install Upub 18.05 (ISO downloaded about one hour ago) frugal with Universal installer on a new formated HDD...
But there seems to be a problem:

Oh dear, a sanity check has failed
This file: /initrd//puppy_upupbb_18.05.sfs does not exist.
The above is supposed to be path-to-where-puppy-files-are/puppy_upupbb_18.05.sfs
Click OK button to quit...

What's the problem?

s243a

Re: Upub 18.05 - sanity check has failed

#2 Post by s243a »

kunerich wrote:I wanted to install Upub 18.05 (ISO downloaded about one hour ago) frugal with Universal installer on a new formated HDD...

The above is supposed to be path-to-where-puppy-files-are/puppy_upupbb_18.05.sfs

What's the problem?
I haven't tried this puppy but tell us how you are trying to boot and how you created your boot media.

You can specify with boot parameters where various puppy files are located but if you created a fresh cd/dvd or usb drive from an ISO in a normal way then you shouldn't have to.

P.S. the bootup seems to be looking for the base sfs in a very strange place. Normally you wouldn't have an sfs file located as part of your "initial ram disck".

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello kunerich.

What do you mean by upup-pub-18.05? Peebee's Bionic Pup?

TIA.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Fishy

#4 Post by Fishy »

I have the exact same issue. PeeBee's upup.

ITSMERSH

#5 Post by ITSMERSH »

I made a frugal install to sda1 and edit the menu.lst manually to add a boot menu - I'm using grub4dos as the boot loader.
Boots fine and quick into the graphical desktop. Though, it won't recognize my gprs usb modem, so can't connect to the web.

Code: Select all

title N.E.M.E.S.I.S. Tests on plain Puppy Linux (RAM) \n N.E.M.E.S.I.S. Tests on Originalversions like Xenial, Artful and Bionic
  find --set-root --ignore-floppies /NemesisTest/initrd.gz
  kernel /NemesisTest/vmlinuz pconfig=Audio psubdir=NemesisTest pmedia=atahd pfix=ram
  initrd /NemesisTest/initrd.gz
Probably you'll need to modify psubdir= and/or pmedia=?

s243a

#6 Post by s243a »

ITSMERSH wrote:I made a frugal install to sda1 and edit the menu.lst manually to add a boot menu - I'm using grub4dos as the boot loader.
Boots fine and quick into the graphical desktop. Though, it won't recognize my gprs usb modem, so can't connect to the web.

Code: Select all

title N.E.M.E.S.I.S. Tests on plain Puppy Linux (RAM) \n N.E.M.E.S.I.S. Tests on Originalversions like Xenial, Artful and Bionic
  find --set-root --ignore-floppies /NemesisTest/initrd.gz
  kernel /NemesisTest/vmlinuz pconfig=Audio psubdir=NemesisTest pmedia=atahd pfix=ram
  initrd /NemesisTest/initrd.gz
Probably you'll need to modify psubdir= and/or pmedia=?
It could be that the boot script isn't waiting long enough for the hard drive to mount. See thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=112491

as an alternative to my approch gyro is adding a method to select the location of the puppy files if the boot script doesn't find them.

However this might not be the issue because the init script shouldn't be looking under initrd for the base puppy sfs.

kunerich

Peebee's Bionic Pup 18.05

#7 Post by kunerich »

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 6&t=113244
I created a fresh cd from an ISO in a normal way. (Windows - AnyBurn)
Computer is really old. (Medion MD 8008) It accepts only 32bit. And it only boots from cd...
None of the boot parameters helps...
I need a (new) Puppy with new Firefox working on an old Computer....

ITSMERSH

#8 Post by ITSMERSH »

Sorry, wrong topic.

peebee

Re: Upub 18.05 - sanity check has failed

#9 Post by peebee »

kunerich wrote:I wanted to install Upub 18.05 (ISO downloaded about one hour ago) frugal with Universal installer on a new formated HDD...

What's the problem?
Apparently:

684514a fixes this issue
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64