Tahrpup Qt5 SFS for 64-bit library location

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
eshadd

Tahrpup Qt5 SFS for 64-bit library location

#1 Post by eshadd »

Starting up the program from the terminal in Linux I get the following error:

Code: Select all

error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I checked the dependencies and sure enough Qt5 was missing. So I installed Qt5 using http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/pupp ... _amd64.sfs and all the files are there but the library is in the /opt/qt5/lib subdirectory. I added that directory with:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/qt5/lib
and when I

printenv
I get the expected:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/root/my-applications/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/qt5/lib:/opt/qt55/lib:/opt/qt55/lib/lib
but when I run the program I still get the same error.

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi eshadd,

Sorry about the delay in responding. I was on vacation when you posted and just stumbled upon your post.

I didn't know a Qt5 SFS had been published. So I built my own. While doing that I recalled that both tahrpup64 and xenialpup64 have difficulty finding libraries where Ubuntu debs would place them, I moved them to /usr/lib.

IIRC, the entire Qt5 took up about 7 Mbs. Not worth using up an SFS slot. So I built it as a pet. Installations to SaveFile/Folder have priority over SFSes.

mikesLr