xlunch

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
musher0

#31 Post by musher0 »

Ok... Where did I go wrong?!

I compiled from scottman's github depot and get this:
(...)
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//package_compressed.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//file_compare.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//xkill.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//screen_lock.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//graphics.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Could not load icon /mnt/ram1/Xlunch-scottman/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons//xpdf.png, Imlib failed with: IMLIB_LOAD_ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Running command: sqlite3.sh
It sort of works except I get a dark grey background and lots of ghost
icons. And i do not get the full 220 *.desktop entries in my
/usr/share/applications directory. TIA.

About the ghost icons:
How do I get the Xlunch program to fetch the icons from
/usr/share/xlunch/svgicons ? They are there, BTW:

Code: Select all

[~]>ls /usr/share/xlunch/svgicons/
book_dictionary.png    firewall.png              pgprs.png
book.png               floppy.png                photocamera.png
card_pci.png           font.png                  power.png
cd_burn.png            go.png                    preferences.png
cd_rip.png             graphics.png              print.png
cdrom.png              harddisk.png              puppy_config.png
clipit-trayicon.png    install.png               puppy_increase.png
clock_countdown.png    internet_connect.png      puppy_remaster.png
clock_interval.png     internet_connect_yes.png  screen_lock.png
copy_disk.png          listdd.png                screen_resolution.png
country_language.png   menu.png                  sound_mixer.png
country_timezone.png   mouse_keyboard.png        sound.png
date_time.png          network.png               speaker_2.png
dialog_stop.png        open.png                  startup_app.png
directory_execute.png  package_add.png           startup.png
execute_inspect.png    package_compressed.png    terminal.png
execute.png            package_inspect.png       touchpad.png
file_compare.png       package_remove.png        user_login.png
file_lock.png          partition.png             xkill.png
find.png               pdf.png                   xpdf.png
But as you can see, there are only 60 of them, not the full 220 I have.

Also, is it supposed to work like dmenu: you type a letter and a sub-set of
entries appear?

@rufwoof: this xlunch was run with echinus as the WM; the line on top is
the ourico panel/bar, which is part of echinus. (As shown in screen cap.)
And xlunch has a title bar in echinus (it should not, right?).

Again, TIA for any lead.
Attachments
my-xlunch-q.jpg
After typing "q" I get this:
(24.57 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
my-xlunch.jpg
Rather disappointing...
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

rufwoof

#32 Post by rufwoof »

musher0 wrote:@rufwoof: this xlunch was run with echinus as the WM; the line on top is the ourico panel/bar, which is part of echinus. (As shown in screen cap.)/ And xlunch has a title bar in echinus (it should not, right?).
Sounds like xlunch isn't filling the screen in your case (I have no panel or other desktop items, so have no reference in my case). I see that the xlunch web site does have some text about screens
Multi monitor setup

xlunch does not know how to detect your output monitors, it sees your monitors as a big single screen. If you run it, your window manager positions the window and makes it fullscreen, so it is up to your window manager to decide what monitor xlunch runs on. If you, however configure your WM to make xlunch floating, start xlunch in Desktop mode (which bypasses your window manager) or if you do not have any WM at all, you can customize the size and position of the window manually by providing the top/left coordinates and width/height of your monitor screen, which effectively positions xlunch on the desired place/monitor. Use the following

-x, --xposition The x coordinate of the launcher window
-y, --yposition The y coordinate of the launcher window
-w, --width The width of the launcher window
-h, --height The height of the launcher window

For example, if you have two 800x600 monitors side by side, xlunch sees it as 1600x800. You can put it to first monitor by: -x 0 -y 0 -w 800 -h 600, or to second monitor by using -x 800 -y 0 -w 800 -h 600. Remember that all these settings might be overridden by your window manager unless you start xlunch in Desktop mode. Another thing that is helpful is that xlunch sets three distinct WM_CLASS values, "xlunch-fullscreen" for it's default mode, "xlunch-desktop" for the desktop mode, and "xlunch-windowed" for it's windowed mode. This makes it easy to tell your window manager to treat each of the different kinds properly. Alternatively you can use the --name option or the environment variable RESOURCE_NAME to set the first part of WM_CLASS, note however that this value is also the program called by :recur.
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]