Manuskript 0.4.0 for Linux

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Mike Walsh

Manuskript 0.4.0 for Linux

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi again, boys & girls.

Following my try-out of Bibisco earlier on this morning (and in keeping with the Puppy maxim of choice), I've had a look at Manuskript. This is more like the Windoze app, Scrivener.....a more nearly professional-level creative tool for writers.

Homepage is here.

I've only had a brief look around; it's rather different to Bibisco, but then I guess every app takes some adapting to, doesn't it? This one's 64-bit only, I'm afraid; for the technically-curious amongst you, it's based around Python3 and QT5. Like the Java-powered Bibisco, the download tarball contains absolutely everything needed for the app to run; just unzip, and hit the executable.

I thought I'd need the Qt5 SFS from the Tahr64 repos. I'm glad to find that I don't; it's a big'un.....the QT5 Phil's put together is nearly 180 MB in size! :shock:

Anybody fancies giving this one a whirl, I've turned it into an SFS package, complete with Menu Entry to start it (under Documents).

Available here:-

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sj4ul5 ... Manuskript

Any feedback would be welcome. I'm genuinely curious to know what other Puppians think of these types of app. Does anybody else find they help.....or are they more of a distraction? Image

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink: