Canva.com - an on-line design website

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Mike Walsh

Canva.com - an on-line design website

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Me again, boys'n'girls.

I'm always trawling the web for alternatives to help with my graphic design hobby, and, following a link from MakeUseOf.com, have discovered a rather nifty design site, where you can design just about anything. It was tagged under 'logo/icon design', but it's capable of so much more than that.

It's called Canva.com. The only caveat here is you need to be running a Chromium-based browser of some kind. I'm in Racy at the moment, and using watchdog's PaleMoon with the 'glibc-220' tweak.....and the site insists the browser's unsupported..! :x

It runs OK in Chrome 48, though... :)

Unlike some sites, which will only give you minimal control over templates, layouts, images, text manipulation, etc., this one will allow you to change absolutely anything you want to. This includes uploading your own photos/images/icons, which can then be manipulated any way you like.

You will need to create a free a/c to use the site. Easy enough to use a 'burner' e-mail addy, of course.

I thought I'd try things out, and knock up a personal 'e-card' for Murga-Linux.....

Not bad for half-an-hour's work, if I do say so...! What d'you reckon? :P

Mike. :wink: