Marketing for Puppy Linux : who and how many ?

Promote Puppy !
Pelo

Marketing for Puppy Linux : who and how many ?

#1 Post by Pelo »

distrowatch And Puppy
19 reviews.. by their builder.. Some builders did not vote, because they are more than 19 Puppies.
Please vote on Sourceforge, you can do it. And see how many downloads they are..

LXPUP is the leader (1500 downloads a week). quite half of them from Windows, and a third from asian countries.
Feed backs are done in fora by Linux geeks, even not 1% of downloaders.

Ananda98

#2 Post by Ananda98 »

I think we can start from make documentation for Puppy Linux... Maybe, after seeing instructions and how to install it, some people are interest to try it.

In 2013, before I tried Puppy Linux, i found PDF file from puppylinux.org that told me how to use Puppy Linux for first time. I didn't remember who was the writer. But, with some image, I can understand how to use Puppy Linux easily for the firs time... :-)

Pelo

sourceforge is a better health indicator than Distrowatch,

#3 Post by Pelo »

In my opinion sourceforge is a better health indicator than Distrowatch, where clicks are the stat, downloads is a better step towards 'use it'.
:shock: Devs pls tell downloaders how to install it, CD are old way, USBs are fast done, only some minutes.
Most of newbies come from Windows, most of them did not read how to install in the Murga forum. Give the info in your sourceforge comments.
Just an idea :idea:
Attachments
loukitchou.jpg
Loukitchou = Jejy69 ?
(72.97 KiB) Downloaded 65 times