TrinityDog - Jessie & Stretch

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
fredx181

#136 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Pelo,

Not sure if this is what you need (when you talked about wireless antenna's etc..)
Anyway, rcrsn51 made package for Stretch 4.9.0 kernel including:
8192cu.ko, 8192du.ko, 8192eu.ko, 8812au.ko
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 102#963102
For Stretchdog32 and Trinitydog32, install with Synaptic "realtek-wifi-drivers-k4.9.0-i386" or from terminal:

Code: Select all

apt-get update
apt-get install realtek-wifi-drivers-k4.9.0-i386
Also added to Stretch32 repository:
wifi-firmware-stretchdog32, also from rcrsn51
(rt2800usb, mt7601u, r8712u, 8188eu, etc)

About save to USB:
A save file can be used on a FAT32 filesytem e.g. changes.dat, save folder can only work on a linux filesystem e.g. ext2 ext4

Fred

Pelo

Where to add changes =/mnt/sda3/stretch.dat

#137 Post by Pelo »

i was successful for save with XenialDog. I will reproduce what i did.. But isoobooter script is not at all the same . Where to add changes =/mnt/sda3/stretch.dat
Save file will work on fat 32 ? :) i try it (monday)

If XenialDog brings me some nice apps, it seems that stretch has no plus-value.. XenialDog will remain my choice, quite sure.

About wireless, so many puppies can run with my antenna, outdoor is not a real problem for me
I do it on purpose to underline what makes happy a dev playing linux at home will not satisfy people having hobbies different from programing OS.

Most people have smartphones or tablets that they keep with them, at school, traveling, or shopping.. A laptop has a keyboard, and can still compete. But give it a chance. Puppy Linux does it.

I just recived a brand new battery for my Medion 64 bits. Of course i want to bring my computer in my car. Hotspots are many because we are in a holiday countryside. Devs could understand what we need. :!:

Pelo

But if i cannot save sessions, that will borry me fast..

#138 Post by Pelo »

save created. The problem is that i cannot change Booting script as i used Isobooter menu.lst.
Unless an expert details how to change Isobooter menu.lst. I am lost, i admit.
I run XenialDog right now, installed in a brand new and nice 8gb pendrive, one os. I would like to share these 8GB with other OS.. Isobooter looked as a nice solution. But if i cannot save sessions, that will borry me fast..
What i accept for XenialDog, elected as prefered Xenial OS, i wont do the same for OS just on test, as Stretch ones, unless they prove they bring something useful.
how-to save XenialDog
Attachments
usb-stick-8gb-emtec-2-0-sw103-sw-happy-days-1045067703_ML.jpg
Happy XenialDog, alone on a nice (pink) new pendrive
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

topic isobooter on study

#139 Post by Pelo »

studying topic isobooter here
Help asked to rcrsn51, our Puppy Linux expert for isobooter (and compiler of wireless drivers)
Attachments
Stretched Dog.jpg
Isobooter better thqn virtuql ;qchines /
(62.57 KiB) Downloaded 926 times

rockedge

#140 Post by rockedge »

The install of TrinityDog I made really simple. I formated the USB stick to ext4 set the boot flag. I opened the ISO and copied the contents to the usb drive. Ran Grub4Dos which does not see Trinity but I went ahead and let it finish and install the mbr.
I manually edited the menu.lst and added the boot code for a save folder boot.
All worked great. Then I made the usb have a sub directory and copied the Trinity ISO contents into the directory and did the same with Grub4Dos and I manually added the Porteus boot code. That worked very well as well. I now have on a 16 gig usb stick both XenialDog and TrinityDog both boot and run from a menu list. Even added a swap file for both.

I am about to post a recommendation on the ZoneMinder forum for running a CCTV system using either one of these OS's as an alternative to some of the other "big people" Linux OS's. So far I have had great success using Puppy Linux tahr 6+ and variations and can see these 2 will be similar in success. Plus one can install ZM basically via a one click script using XenialDog.

labbe5

time sync & ntp

#141 Post by labbe5 »

Hi Fredx,

Using Trinitydog for some time with fvwm-crystal (i find trinity menu a bit too much for my taste, too detailed), i got tired to have wrong time showing.

Solution that worked for me :
First, i had to install ntp.
Then i had to add ca.pool.ntp.org in /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf, looking like that :
[Time]
NTP=ca.pool.ntp.org (nearest server for me)
In terminal i did : timedatectl status
result :
Network time on: yes
NTP synchronized: yes
RTC in local TZ: no

Still not enough to have time synchronized. I did a system reboot.
After a reboot, time is showing correctly.

labbe5

thunar

#142 Post by labbe5 »

When you are in user account, but you need to do some changes in configuration files, or do other tasks that need administrative privileges, you simply can do sudo thunar in terminal, then thunar launches with administrative privileges for you to do all your administrative work.

You may have similar result with other window managers, using sudo + window manager name.

fredx181

#143 Post by fredx181 »

Bugfix for booting from FAT32 using porteus-boot for: TrinityDog-Stretch-2017-07-18.iso
Also for StretchDog32-2017-07-04.iso from here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 770#959770

Download new initrd1.xz from here:
https://fredx181.github.io/StretchDog/i ... ges/Fixes/
And replace in the frugal install 'live' directory

Fred

hamoudoudou

sauvegarde.squashfs

#144 Post by hamoudoudou »

i believe that sauvegarde.squashfs has to be under modules to be loaded at bo0t, if well understood

hamoudoudou

wlan1 outdoor , holidays,

#145 Post by hamoudoudou »

wlan1 outdoor , holidays, with laptop to keep training installs when rain is falling.. I try it, before the beach
kernel is 4.9.0.4 amd 64..
I must change my battery by brand new one just delivered..
Attachments
sns.jpg
With Devuan
(67.91 KiB) Downloaded 357 times