Comodo AV for Linux

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
keniv

#16 Post by keniv »

Hello Mike,
Thanks for the "special" set of files. I placed the in /usr/lib. However, I still get the same output from a terminal. I also tried them in /lib but this gave the same result. I don't think the sys link is working. I tried this.

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/icui18n
bash: /usr/bin/icui18n: No such file or directory
I assume if the link was working properly I would not get "No such file or directory". Could it be that libicui18n.so.51.2 is not back compatible. If I hover the mouse pointer over the two files that are sys linked it shows them to be sys linked to so I am assuming that that part part is working. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken.

bigpup

#17 Post by bigpup »

For 64bit Puppies, maybe. :idea:
Use the deb package of Comodo.

I got the 64bit version of Comodo working on Xenialpup64 7.0.8.5.

I used the 64bit deb package from Comodo web site.
https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-se ... -linux.php

Downloaded the deb package.
Clicked on it to install.
It does not make menu entries.
The Comodo files are in /opt/COMODO

To start and get it setup to run.
In /opt/COMODO
Click on cmdagent
This does some needed setup of Comodo.

To run Comodo
In /opt/COMODO
Click on cav

Update virus database.

Set up a scan profile or use basically the profile that scans everything on the computer.
I made a scan profile to just scan the Puppy I am running.

Only thing I have not yet figured out, is getting the Run Diagnostics, to be happy, and not find anything to fix.

I did get a scan to work OK or so it says it did.

Mike Walsh,
Maybe some of this info will give you ideas on what to do to get a working SFS package of 64bit Comodo.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Mike Walsh

#18 Post by Mike Walsh »

bigpup wrote:Mike Walsh,
Maybe some of this info will give you ideas on what to do to get a working SFS package of 64bit Comodo.
Hallo, bigpup.

Indeed. I've been mulling it over, and while I do have a couple of ideas kicking around at the back of my (admittedly) thick skull, I rather think the problem boils down to the 'redirfs.ko' module not being present.

I'm pretty certain the devx and kernel sources will need to be present & loaded while the script is being run. I can't see a way that the new module can be created otherwise.

I shall be giving this a try in Tahr64 6.0.5 at some point over the weekend. I'll post back with results, whatever the outcome.

Mike. :wink:

Mike Walsh

#19 Post by Mike Walsh »

keniv wrote:Hello Mike,
Thanks for the "special" set of files. I placed the in /usr/lib. However, I still get the same output from a terminal. I also tried them in /lib but this gave the same result. I don't think the sys link is working. I tried this.

/usr/bin/icui18n
I assume if the link was working properly I would not get "No such file or directory". Could it be that libicui18n.so.51.2 is not back compatible. If I hover the mouse pointer over the two files that are sys linked it shows them to be sys linked to so I am assuming that that part part is working. Hope this helps.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on there a mo.....

Why are you running

/usr/bin
...on a set of shared dynamic libraries? These are files that provide functionality to other packages; they're not binaries that will run on their own.

I don't quite follow the thinking behind that. Put those libs into /usr/lib, yes.....by all means. That's what you should do with 'em. Then, run

/opt/COMODO/cav
...in the terminal again, and copy/paste the output back here, please. I want to see what the system's saying at this point in the proceedings.

OK?

bigpup

#20 Post by bigpup »

Mike Walsh wrote:Hallo, bigpup.

Indeed. I've been mulling it over, and while I do have a couple of ideas kicking around at the back of my (admittedly) thick skull, I rather think the problem boils down to the 'redirfs.ko' module not being present.

I'm pretty certain the devx and kernel sources will need to be present & loaded while the script is being run. I can't see a way that the new module can be created otherwise.

When trying to get the Run Diagnostics, to be happy, and not find anything to fix.
In correcting one of the problems it did say something about needing make and stuff that looked like programs you find in the DEVX.
Also, a specific kernel module.
I loaded the DEVX and kernel sources.
It was happy now and fixed one of the problems.

However, the stuff identified in Run Diagnostics to fix, did not keep Comodo from doing a scan.
YaPI(any iso installer)

Gordie

#21 Post by Gordie »

I have been using COMMODO for years on my Slackware desktop. There has been no updates for the sigs since the original install. Just how effective can this be?

Mike Walsh

#22 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Gordie.

I can't get the signatures to update in the 64-bit Pups, no. However, I have been getting semi-regular updates in the 32-bit ones...

Explain that to me...! :?

And bigpup's right; although some of this shell stuff doesn't appear to do what it's supposed to, it doesn't seem to prevent CAV for Linux from working.

As to how effectively it's working, ah.....that's an entirely different 'kettle of fish'..!!

(*shrug*)

bigpup

#23 Post by bigpup »

I can't get the signatures to update in the 64-bit Pups,
This 64bit deb package of Comodo is updating virus signatures OK for me.

I do have to first go to /opt/COMODO and click on "cmdagent" to get that running.
After that "update virus database" works.

I do not think I have actually done what is needed in Comodo's setup, to make the cmdagent load, when I start Comodo.
I have not registered or acknowledged reading the END USER LICENSE AND SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT.

Another thing I see is stuff complaining this is missing:

/etc/init.d/functions
Not sure what this "functions" file is suppose to be, but it is not there.
Update:
I found this info:
https://bash.cyberciti.biz/guide//etc/init.d/functions
Not sure if we want this in Puppy or it needs to be a symbolic link to something in Puppy.?
YaPI(any iso installer)

Gordie

#24 Post by Gordie »

Hmm, have not been able to update since the very first time when I ran it the first time. cmdagent didn't do anything when loaded from the command line or clicking on the icon

bigpup

#25 Post by bigpup »

It works for me.

In Rox file manager I navigate to /opt/COMODO and click on cmdagent and run updates works.

If I do not do this, I get this message:
Attachments
capture20613.png
(11.1 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
capture27915.png
(9.77 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#26 Post by bigpup »

In /opt/COMODO
There is a script file "load_cmdagent.sh"

That will not work.
It needs "/etc/init.d/functions" and that is not in Puppy.

I am guessing that script file is used by Comodo to load cmdagent the normal way when Comodo starts.
YaPI(any iso installer)

Gordie

#27 Post by Gordie »

Well, got /opt/COMOCO/cmdagent to work from the command line finally.
As always since day one "Your product is currently up to date". Never have been able to get an update

keniv

#28 Post by keniv »

Hello Mike,
I managed to get back to this.
keniv wrote:

/usr/bin/icui18n
Yes my mistake. However /usr/lib/icui18n does not get found. If I try /opt/COMODO/cav in a terminal I get

Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" 
# 
I also get the attached image. The three files are in /usr/lib. If I hover the mouse pointer over the two sys links they show up as sys links. Whatever I try seems to bring me back to the message above.

Regards,

Ken.
Attachments
capture15919.png
COMODO screen
(50.58 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

bigpup

#29 Post by bigpup »

Gordie wrote:Well, got /opt/COMOCO/cmdagent to work from the command line finally.
As always since day one "Your product is currently up to date". Never have been able to get an update
Are you saying it now works or does not work?

What happens when running Comodo and you click on Update Virus Database located on the Comodo Anivirus tab?
YaPI(any iso installer)

Gordie

#30 Post by Gordie »

Like I said. Cmdagent loads, runs, whatever from the command line. No update. Always returns that my product is already up to date but how can that be? I was able to get updates when first running it after installing and that is all.
Unless it means updates for the program itself and I am not doing it right to get new sigs. Will go over things again tonight after Ireturn home

bigpup

#31 Post by bigpup »

What version of Comodo?

What does it say for the date the virus database (signatures) were last updated?
Attachments
capture24134.png
(48.34 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#32 Post by bigpup »

entered already.
YaPI(any iso installer)

Gordie

#33 Post by Gordie »

Thanks but it looks like a Slackware problem. Not a fun program.
I was under the impression that it would be the same for me as for others but it turns out that the OS makes all the difference
Have a sore head from banging it on the wall. It appears that in order to run /opt/COMODO/cav Slackware64 needs a 32-bit library from PAM, something that is foreign to Slackware64 on both counts. I am able to use my browser to get new sigs and then update my database by hand and can use COMODO to scan so all is not lost but this is disappointing to me. Later this evening I am tempted to copy the library (libpam.so.0) from Puppy and use it to get cav working as it should.

Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how things go

Mike Walsh

#34 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Gordie.

Yes, libpam is one of two libs required for the GUI to work properly. At least, that's what I found.

I don't know if you're running 32- or 64-bit, but to save you the trouble, here's both 32- and 64-bit versions of both libpam.so (with symlink) and libaudit.so (with sym-link).

Just unpack 'em and place the ones you need into /lib (not /usr/lib). That should do the trick. Whether these are the newest versions I have no idea, but Comodo works with 'em.

Keep us posted, please.

Attachments
Libs.tar.bz2
Missing libs for Comodo 'AV for Linux' GUI
(99.08 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Gordie

#35 Post by Gordie »

Thank you Mike Walsh. Those libs were the ticket to making cav run.
Had to run

/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh
again for something like the 3rd time. Hope this time the changes stick. Then had to play for a long time to make the following command work.

"/etc/init.d/cmdavd restart"
is exactly what the popdown msg says. Beat head on wall more and more. FINALLY find out that the command that actually works is

"/etc/init.d/cmdavd" restart
Now every time I try to update I have to run cmdagent only to find that trying to update shuts cmdagent down again and things just grind to a halt.

At least I am further along the process of running COMODO than I have ever been before.

Thank you Mike for the libs. They are a Godsend