Joined: 13 Nov 2011 Posts: 2244 Location: Cradle of Humankind
Posted: Thu 13 Jul 2017, 05:08 Post subject:
Ebook 2 Audiobook Suite
This suite comprises an ebook (different formats) to text converter, text splitter and text-to-speech utilities. It should be useful to those who prefer to listen to books rather than read (like me).
1. You need WINE pre-installed (any version, even old should do).
2. Download the .pet (link provided below) and install.
3. Open the /eBooktoMP3 folder and click on the spchapi.exe file to install the speech engine. Then click on the tv_enua.exe file to install the voices.
4. Access the Ebook 2 Audiobook Suite via utilities in the menu.
5. These are Windows tools so may not operate to its full potential with WINE. A known issue is that the conversion tool to convert epub to text may not work correctly (it does work correctly on a Windows machine). There are good online ebook to text converter sites you can use as alternative, eg. Zamzar.
6. The default settings have worked well for me over the years. There is however a config.ini file in /eBooktoMP3 which can be edited. This can be useful if you want to add to the pronunciation section.
7. Check ebookBB.com for new books (at your own risk).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum